Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Random11 said:
For those perfectionists out there, I remade the acekard 2i because i didn't like the ones they had. So here it is, just click the picture and it will take you to the rapidshare file. Extract to root of your micro sd card.

I am expecting to make a case cover for this too. So keep an eye out for that
Excellent work!

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bump, but I'm having problems getting this working. First, I placed the icon and autorun in the root of my sd card, with the following settings:
Code:
[autorun]
icon=dsttw.ico
label=DSTT
As I read further into this thread, someone suggested restarting explorer, so I ejected the card, restarted explorer, and plugged it back in, but its still using the default icon. Reading further, I see someone suggest switching up the icon and the label like this:

Code:
[autorun]
label=DSTT
icon=dsttw.ico
so I tried that, then followed the same procedures as above, but still no luck. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? OS is Windows Seven x64.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
^ not sure - but could it be that Win7 is not 'autorunning' the inf file ?? (for security reasons)

A quick search & I found this article about Win7 autorun feature.

In it - it says
QUOTE said:
AutoPlay will no longer support the AutoRun functionality for non-optical removable media. In other words, AutoPlay will still work for CD/DVDs but it will no longer work for USB drives.
I don't use Win7 so I don't know if this can be altered somehow

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not an issue with Win 7 x64, it's what I use.

drives.jpg

The Autorun you mention just prevents it from running an executable when a USB drive is inserted. That was stopped because of all the USB drives which were coming loaded with viruses.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah shit looks like Windows 7 users (and Xp users soon) are SOL with this trick. I looked around for a way to reenable it, but all I found was crap on the autoplay feature, not autorun.

TK, any idea why its not running my autorun at all if it just prevents exe`s from launching then?

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try extracting one of the icons archives to the root directory of one of your HardDisks and reboot, you'll know if the icon works or not.

Even with the autorun limitation, the icons still work. For example on W7 I get this when I insert a MicroSD card

drives.jpg

Check the icon and autorun.inf are in the root directory of your MicroSD card. Check the icon is readable, double click on the icon and you should get the image browser pop up which will allow you to view the images in the icon (7 on my icons).

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm at a loss. Doing in in C:\ didn't work, but the icon is readable, I could view it and open it in an image editing program. I'm sure the autorun.inf and dsttw.ico are in the root of my flash drive. I'll give it a try with a different one of your icons.

Tried it with another icon and autorun, still doesn't work. Here's a screenshot of my SD root:

1ot4rc.jpg

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The icon you currently have isn't the default icon for a MicroSD card under Windows 7. So I imagine that the drivers for the card reader have installed something which overrides the icon used, including any specified in autorun.inf

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dter ic said:
1Player said:
what?? no love for the clones...what about the noobs that owns R4 clones?
there is no love for clones only 1:1 r4'a and originals.

and also i don't have the autorun problem either im on windows 7 x86

I don't know what the problem was, but after I reinstalled Windows because of another issue, it started working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)