Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't he just use Hourglass9 to restore sysNAND and NOT use the (keep a9lh) method?
HG9 is a crippled version of D9 for people who prefer having choices made for them because they would not rather read documentation and understand the more dangerous or niche features of D9, and as part of these choices there is not giving the average Joe Q. Brick an option that could remove A9LH :)

There's no reason to remove A9LH. A person who doesn't care about A9LH won't even know it's there.
I'm not too sure on this. It's tempting to just set up boot-from-ctrnand and sell the console premodded, but what if a future update will be incompatible with the CFWs out right now and the uninformed buyer will end up with an allegedly bricked console?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too sure on this. It's tempting to just set up boot-from-ctrnand and sell the console premodded, but what if a future update will be incompatible with the CFWs out right now and the uninformed buyer will end up with an allegedly bricked console?
This is highly unlikely, and if it were to happen, a simple Google search for "11.3 bricked my 3DS" will lead the buyer to the fact that he/she has A9LH and Luma3DS installed.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This is highly unlikely, and if it were to happen, a simple Google search for "11.3 bricked my 3DS" will lead the buyer to the fact that he/she has A9LH and Luma3DS installed.
Firstly it's not really fair on the buyer if that happens, and secondly I doubt they would be Googling that. As an uninformed buyer they probably don't know anything about the numbering system used for firmware, and if their console won't turn on they can't even see what their firmware is assuming they know how to see it. They probably also wouldn't be familiar with the term "brick".

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly it's not really fair on the buyer if that happens, and secondly I doubt they would be Googling that. As an uninformed buyer they probably don't know anything about the numbering system used for firmware, and if their console won't turn on they can't even see what their firmware is assuming they know how to see it. They probably also wouldn't be familiar with the term "brick".
First, the odds of this even happening are near zero. Second, a simple "my 3DS stopped working after an update" right around the time hundreds if not thousands of A9LH/Luma3DS systems cease working is going to bring the buyer right here. Third, the system isn't actually going to be bricked. Fourth, there's nothing stopping OP from disclosing the nature of the CFW to the buyer, considering he/she is a friend. The idea that A9LH needs to be removed in this situation is ridiculous. It comes with numerous benefits with no drawbacks. If one doesn't care about A9LH, he/she can just ignore it and won't know any better.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by driverdis,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The OP wants to sell his console to a friend. if that friend does not want a modded console (This was not clarified), why would troubleshooting A9LH help.

EDIT: Although I think convincing the friend he/she needs A9LH is a better idea, even if they do not need it.
It's a thread that explains all the reasons someone might have for wanting to uninstall a9lh and why they are all not a problem and that you don't ever have to uninstall it.

Reactions: Lacius

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have met many people through the years who would shit a brick if they thought a console was modded and either pester the hell out of me with a million and one questions or have heart attacks whenever it goes flat and scream brick, not to mention the "will I get banned"......."are you sure"......"well will it break then", or "omfg get that thing out of my house the police will raid me, they are probably on their way.....quick out the back"

Sometimes, depending on who your selling it to removing anything and everything that could lead to those things would be better than putting up with all the crap if they ever figured it out :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🥓 🍳 🍞 🍽️ 🥛