Hacking I want to hack my Wii U to play gamecube games

robman62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do?
I am aware of smashstack but I dont fully understand the rest. I would like to play games via usb or sd card

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
It's obviously not the case as it doesn't say GameCube soft modding, and if it was self explanatory... We wouldn't be here talking about it, would we now? Quit being a turd.
It's literally titled "Beginners Guide". As in one of the first guides that should be read. OP made his way to this subforum, so he obviously knows what he's asking is accomplishable on the Wii/vWii, so why would you not check that thread?
I'm not being a turd, your ability to apply logic and reasoning, as well as the OP's reading ability are both just shitty.

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
It's obviously not the case as it doesn't say GameCube soft modding, and if it was self explanatory... We wouldn't be here talking about it, would we now? Quit being a turd.
'Nintedont'
'Beginners guide'
'Launch game backups'

Or should we put every possibly relevant keyword in titles, instead of expecting people to think a beginners guide would include this information

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

robman62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, everyone who helped! I was able to get my 5.4.0 WiiU vWii to run Nintendont, one more question though, do I need to install/patch any cios?

robman62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont works via SD but when I try to use a Fat32 formatted drive I get a message that says "No FAT device found or missing usb:/games dir!" Any fixes for this?
I used easus partition manager to format the drive correctly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont works via SD but when I try to use a Fat32 formatted drive I get a message that says "No FAT device found or missing usb:/games dir!" Any fixes for this?
I used easus partition manager to format the drive correctly.
is the drive formated with mbr partitions? if its gtp whatvers it wont work.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what that means exactly, I just did a complete format, I'll probably make another partition and transfer the games to it
Disks can be in a couple formats, one is RAW, nothing on it, MBR (Master Boot Record Disk), or GPT (GUID Partition Table Disk). It must be an MBR disk, with a FAT32 partition.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

robman62

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disks can be in a couple formats, one is RAW, nothing on it, MBR (Master Boot Record Disk), or GPT (GUID Partition Table Disk). It must be an MBR disk, with a FAT32 partition.

Does EaseUs have a setting to make all of this possible and does the cluster size really matter?

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure hdd is plugged into the right usb port, vwii doesn't seem to read all of them, upper one at the back while wii u is horizontal works for me. And the hdd need to be externally powered or have a y-cable so you plug it into both usb ports.

Last edited by Graham182,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended