Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
To be fair that's only the case about half the time. Flash carts store their updates internally (not on the MicroSD) and many are built without much space and will run out of space for updates eventually (like the AK2i).

Of course teams still build them with small amounts of space anyways because it's cheap so you could easily say that the teams KNOW the carts will need to be re-bought eventually anyways so that's a problem too, but in that case it's actually not possible to make an update anyways.

phaQ2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe some one could upload a resently updated file so you don't have to get a new card.... its a long shot but it may work... if not im sorry

Watermeron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may or may not have found a solution to this problem with it not working with 1.4.5u. Even though its 2 years late I will still post it anyway, all I did was use an Action Replay DSI card and updated it to the latest version for 1.4.5u. After installing the latest update insert the R4i 1.4 or any other flash card and it will work as Action Replay bypassed the check of some sort to detect black listed flash cards. I haven't tried it on other flash cards as I only have one but its possible that it could work with others, I hope this helps cheers.

Ferilith

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see that I might have the same problem as lukebussey.
I have an Nintendo DSi and I recently found my old R4i card, but without a microSD.
I do had my old files as a backup on my computer, but when I put them on my memory card and tried to play my DS shows an error; 'An error had occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.'

So I did my research and found out I had to update the Kernel. Basically what I did is I went to www.r4i-sdhc.com and downloaded the latest kernel for my R4i card (an R4i Upgrade Revolution card for DS, without any yellow mark) and copy-paste them on my memory card. Unfortunately the same error showed.
More research and I noticed that my DSi has the latest firmware version (1.4.5E) which means I can't play with my R4i anymore.... I guess.

Do I need to buy another one (if so... which one??) or is it fixable? Oh and another queston, except for the kernel I downloaded and the game files (.nds)... do I need to download anything else to make this work. Usually my brother do things like this for me... so I don't know much about this.

Attachments

• Snapchat-365687746361362994.jpg
    Snapchat-365687746361362994.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 425
  • Snapchat--3307864496606469656.jpg
    Snapchat--3307864496606469656.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 426
  • Snapchat--3534656836808132698.jpg
    Snapchat--3534656836808132698.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 598
  • Snapchat-8791087889026126210.jpg
    Snapchat-8791087889026126210.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 404

mariorpg21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Today, about an hour ago, I updated my DSi XL from firmware 1.4.4 to 1.4.5E because I wanted the DS Store and I'm so used to just going onto http://r4i-sdhc.com and seeing that they've already updated to the latest firmware with no problems... but this time it seems they haven't.

It says on the top of the download page "NEW UPDATE! blah blah Works with 1.4.5 blah blah" - so I was lead to believe it would work, and I downloaded it and put it onto my memory card, into the R4i 1.4.3 card, and into a DS Lite to update the firmware... and there's no firmware update option.

I've tried formatting my memory card and putting the latest stuff on by itself again, incase I had old conflicting files or something, but the same problem still arises.

I'm certain that there is a 1.4.5 firmware somewhere, because I've seen videos of 1.4.5 R4i cards working with 1.4.5 on DSis! Is my card (An official R4i SDHC 1.4.3 Wifi card, bought from their site), not compatible or something?

Please help me, I have no DS until it's fixed :(

Thanks in advance,
Luke
Downgrade your DSi

Ohmelsiie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have the same problem!!! I did the updated and I have the 1.4.5u version and I want to have my games back. Do you have any idea how could I do that? Thank you

Mysticia

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got the same problem. My friend updatet my console (and I said so that he had to let the wifi OFF, but noooo) and now I can't play anymore.
Very said, because I lost a lot of games a couple of years ago, still have the boxes and all, but now I can't even play them anymore..

McRobert

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can I get help too? Because it say's: an error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi operations manual for help troubleshooting. I'm having an R4i 3DS Revolution for DS. I can't play things on my card. it works in my brother's DSi but then it says loading and it gets then stuck forever! Can someone help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM