Hacking I updated fom A9LH to B9S

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first time i read about b9s, what boot times are faster? the first time you boot up your 3ds?
or would games boot faster.
i have both my og and n3ds on a9lh with updated sysNAND luma cfw.

is it better to update to this new b9s now or worth waiting, considering some saying it is not so major for end users but more for devs.
I would just go ahead and update now. It only takes about 5-10 minutes and its easy as pie.
More stuff will come out in the future but updating it now can save some headache in the future. Plus you can brag to others pronto.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Looks fair to me. I'm updating aswell thanks for the info. Also one last question with this new b9s in future will we able to boot gateway card directly without booting into gateway mode?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I would just go ahead and update now. It only takes about 5-10 minutes and its easy as pie.
More stuff will come out in the future but updating it now can save some headache in the future. Plus you can brag to others pronto.

will do, but will luma cfw boot up like usual with a9lh? Edit: and i use updated sysNAND, have no emuNAND.

sora10pls

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The two hacks run very similarly. You shouldn't feel any sort of change between the two except that B9S boots a little faster.
boot9strap still reads from the SD Card so the boot time isn't actually faster.

Derrek's release of sighax however, is, since it reads from NAND.

Since B9S is still pretty new, there will for sure be updates to it to accommodate a faster boot speed. ;)

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neat, i'll update to it later on today.
good luck. Just a heads up though. There have been threads talking about errors with installing B9S. A good amount of these issues should be solved by redownloading the files and trying again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

boot9strap still reads from the SD Card so the boot time isn't actually faster.

Derrek's release of sighax however, is, since it reads from NAND.

Since B9S is still pretty new, there will for sure be updates to it to accommodate a faster boot speed. ;)
I did not know that. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: sora10pls

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for anyone else that used the whole thing of enabling GW usage through Luma CFW on A9LH, does that work on B9S here? I need to confirm that before I attempt this apparent "upgrade."

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
So, for anyone else that used the whole thing of enabling GW usage through Luma CFW on A9LH, does that work on B9S here? I need to confirm that before I attempt this apparent "upgrade."

No, GW is more or less dead at the moment and way behind the community methods. Maybe when their new update drops, things will change, but for now stay on 11.2 if you want GW or update to 11.4/Boot9Strap/Luma.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite it being safe to jump to 11.4, I choose to stay on 11.2 because I want more than just "stability". Hopefully that won't be a problem.

Do I need the a9lh and files9 folders anymore after updating to B9S? And should I make a new NAND backup using the instructions on Finalizing Setup Section IX?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite it being safe to jump to 11.4, I choose to stay on 11.2 because I want more than just "stability". Hopefully that won't be a problem.

Do I need the a9lh and files9 folders anymore after updating to B9S? And should I make a new NAND backup using the instructions on Finalizing Setup Section IX?
The Guide says you can delete anything related to A9LH once B9S is successfully installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs