Gaming I think Target just accidentally confirmed Majora's Mask for the 3DS

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Link me to the reddit page please lol.

By the way, this thread is famous: http://nintendonews.com/2014/07/majoras-mask-3ds-leaked-target/
http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2axypc/rumour_zeldamm_3ds_leaked_by_target/

I just went to my local Target here in the States and learned a few things. They use an item number in the form of 207-**-**** so 090-05-0001 is incorrect. When they looked up the name of the game, only Link Between Worlds came up as a close match. So, no. They have no information of this in their database.

Well, it's not in their system. That's actually very odd.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why exactly would they have to inform target ahead of time like that? i mean... come on. how much work goes into freeing one space among the games and printing one price tag?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got curious and decided to check on my targets PDA
I searched majora
vedesesu.jpg

Hmmm yes...
egepyhy9.jpg

Majora confirmed to be spice and ground.

In srsness I couldn't find it anywhere on my PDA though. I also work backroom so I haven't unpacked any boxes full of em either. I remember when ALBW came out we has like 6 boxes full of them so I'm sure I might run into that some day.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
I got curious and decided to check on my targets PDA

<snip>

In srsness I couldn't find it anywhere on my PDA though. I also work backroom so I haven't unpacked any boxes full of em either. I remember when ALBW came out we has like 6 boxes full of them so I'm sure I might run into that some day.

Totally offtopic but holy crap your PDA OS looks so much nicer than ours.

Edit: Perhaps try looking up "Zelda"

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only just looked at this thread but those images in the OP happened for FFXHD too and then the actual release date was around 6 months later.
I think this is about announcing/confirmation of the game's existence.

Currently right now, Majora's Mask hasn't been announced and until it is announced or leaked enough to be confirmed, Majoras Mask 3DS does not exist.

In Final Fantasy X HD's case, that game was announced 2-3 years prior to the release date. We already knew it was happening.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've seen some non-existing "upcoming" games in online stores, but a normal everyday Target is something new to me. Anywho, this doesn't constitute any form of evidence - any random employee could pull this off for s*its and giggles and you're all riding the hype train (for a game that didn't really age well, mind you). Trolling successful? Thread locked, come back when Nintendo confirms or at least hints that they're working on the game. ;)

EDIT: Thread re-opened upon request and under condition that it won't turn into a can of worms if this turns out to be an elaborate prank like the last 5 times when Majora's Mask 3DS was "leaked".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm still not getting the hype for this - you can play the game just fine on the Wii's Virtual Console or get it on disc for the Gamecube, there's no real reason to re-release it other than squeezing some money out of the fans "because nostalgia". I still maintain that OoT 3D was like a reheated greasy burger that brought nothing new to the game other than a facelift and if the future Majora's Mask remake will be the same, I'm not interested. Either make the game brand-new and fresh or don't re-release it at all - don't fix what ain't broken, make a new good game instead.

Reactions: weavile001

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not getting the hype for this - you can play the game just fine on the Wii's Virtual Console or get it on disc for the Gamecube, there's no real reason to re-release it other than squeezing some money out of the fans "because nostalgia". I still maintain that OoT 3D was like a reheated greasy burger that brought nothing new to the game other than a facelift and if the future Majora's Mask remake will be the same, I'm not interested. Either make the game brand-new and fresh or don't re-release it at all - don't fix what ain't broken, make a new good game instead.

I'll likely get a lot of backlash from MM fans for saying, but I personally never say the appeal to the game, at all. I enjoyed Ocarina of Time far more than I ever enjoyed Majora's Mask. People have many options for playing the game, this MM remake rumor has been around forever. I dunno, it's weird, but people treat it like it's godlike :rolleyes:

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rumor has only been around because its the next logical step to take after Ocarina 3D. Both Zeldas were on the N64, and it's be so fitting if both were on the 3DS. Not to mention that Majora's Mask used Ocarina/Mario's engine and borrowed a shit-ton of Ocarina assets to help with development, and the same could follow suit for a MM remake. The engine's already there, a third of what makes the game tick is already there, the design, directions, imagination and creativity is already there, the fanbase that wants and expects it is already there, Majora was modestly teased in the last Zelda game, and the 3DS has atleast a solid 3 years of life left, plenty enough for a MM remake and maybe a new Zelda game. Its not that Majora's Mask is godlike, it just makes the most sense for Majora to grace the 3DS than any other remake. It wouldn't or shouldn't cost as much or take as long to remake now that Ocarina 3D already exists, and is a good financial decision for Nintendo to make

Reactions: weatMod

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seriously? With all the OTHER hints towards the remake? That's not pessimism anymore. That's stubbornness.

That's exactly the point- we keep getting hints and MM-related Easter eggs and references -we've been getting them for a few years now. Yet 3 years later, we're still waiting for concrete proof. We've had 3 E3 presentations since OoT3D, every year people are expecting Majora's Mask and are just let down over and over.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it turns out to be true - awesome! If not - still cool. I'm not getting my hopes up for now since they're most probably going to be crushed at some point anyway. :D

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...