Hacking I think my n3ds is bricked

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just not, you will now be loosing nds/dsi game support as you will no longer have a valid twl header (unless luma has some new patch to save the arses of all these people who decide that nand backups aren't important for them)

@d0k3 I would like to suggest you dump all the essential files to a totally out of the way location that people are unlikely to just delete all willynilly somewhere like "Nintendo 3ds/DO NOT DELETE ME".......although I'm sure people will still find a way to screw thing up :rolleyes:
Well... that's what I already do. That header (the original one) is written to offset 0x400 in the NAND memory. @bandar must have started this with a severely outdated version of D9.

bandar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well... that's what I already do. That header (the original one) is written to offset 0x400 in the NAND memory. @bandar must have started this with a severely outdated version of D9.

Ok now it works perfectly. I guess because it was outdated. Thanks @d0k3 and everyone who tried to help :D and is there a way to donate @d0k3 ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not trying to undervalue the help d0k3 has given you or anything, but if anyone should be donated to, it's Plailect given that it is likely to his guide most of the users in this forum (you included?) have their consoles hacked.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Not trying to undervalue the help d0k3 has given you or anything, but if anyone should be donated to, it's Plailect given that it is likely to his guide most of the users in this forum (you included?) have their consoles hacked.
I'd disagree on the order of importance:
d0k3 and AW are the vital ones at least currently [in terms of mass-used user tools] [being separate from the devs that find; point out; indicate the hardware exploits]
With Plai being instrumental in keeping things straight forward and user friendly.

Obviously people can place importance where they want and donate accordingly; the devs really should have donate links or at least an affiliated charity donation link. [Perhaps a weekly joint cause on justgiving can see increased donations]

@bandar where did you get the decrypt9 you were initially using? was it the one from decrypt9 [homebrew] perhaps? Same with the hourglass9?

Reactions: gamesquest1

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

To be honest I only wrote what I did based on this thread alone. I don't think a particular user deserves a donation for helping other users out though of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I did not actually know that d0k3 is a developer and upon looking at it - it's obvious he's made some very useful and widely-used apps, especially G9 And D9. So for his effort for those apps I'm sure he deserves a donation or two (or more), but yeah really I only meant as far as this thread goes when I wrote that.. If that makes any sense.

Last edited by Distrance,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
indeed, the work d0k3,AW have done for the 3ds are the actual foundation on "the guide" without their continued developments and advancements it would still be a 4 hour process with a mess of tools and pitfalls, no disrespect to plailect I know the guide is regularly updated and that takes time and effort, but each of those updates is usually just to incorporate a new advancement made by the respective devs making the tools, doing the work behind the scenes that doesn't have a fancy website and ad revenue

Personally I respect anyone who go out of their way to try help others, but I do admire what the devs do more so as i know it's not just something anyone could come along and do

PS I'm sure there are many other devs who's work has been invaluable I wouldn't want to try list everyone who have contributed to the tools we all know and use, but anyone who has helped in some way, thank you :)

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok now it works perfectly. I guess because it was outdated. Thanks @d0k3 and everyone who tried to help :D and is there a way to donate @d0k3 ?
I'm asking people not to donate to me but to a charitable organization of their choosing instead. Have a look at my profile page for some recommendations: http://gbatemp.net/members/d0k3.29073/

Also, to add to this discussion. AuroraWright has put a lot of work into this, Plailect has, and so have a ton of other people, guys and gals whose names you might not even know, but who provided vital parts of the software you are currently using, did hours upon hours of testing or simply made this available to the normal user. Writing actual user software is not the only thing :).

Last edited by d0k3,

SoopaSee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just not, you will now be loosing nds/dsi game support as you will no longer have a valid twl header (unless luma has some new patch to save the arses of all these people who decide that nand backups aren't important for them)

@d0k3 I would like to suggest you dump all the essential files to a totally out of the way location that people are unlikely to just delete all willynilly somewhere like "Nintendo 3ds/DO NOT DELETE ME".......although I'm sure people will still find a way to screw thing up :rolleyes:, oh and maybe for the nand dump made during ctrtransfer to have a button combo to skip it, so people have to be consciously forcing the nand backup to not happen rather than just accidentally hitting B, and last thing would be making the ctrtransfer nand backup have a console unique name like the rest of the backup files do, I think that would cover most genuine accidental screw up, any beyond that and it's a guaranteed end user issue

hello @gamesquest1, i was wondering if you could help me. i have two n3ds xl's and i tried downgrading them both via soundhax and arm9loader but forgot one crucial step which was to have them both connected to the internet before starting. so when i got down to 2.15 and and had to connect to that web address it wouldn't and there was nowhere to change that and in trying to change that, i bricked them both. hard. so i cried myself to sleep for ages. occasionally taking them out and trying all the things suggested on the internet but alas they were done for. then i started reading about hardmodding and although not simple, didn't seem beyond my abilities and so i tried. i have the nand backups for both from the downgrade process and have followed the hardmodding guide on gbatemp. i created a frankensdcard and got a tekrepublic 3.0 card reader and soldered the correct points to the correct points. i assume so since when i put my frankensd card into the card reader and boot up my n3ds i get that blue bootrom error screen. but here's the problem, when i plug the card reader into my laptop it doesn't show the nand. what am i doing wrong? i trying to write my nand backups back to my nand. one of the n3ds xl's is a korean one and the other is european. the one i'm trying at the moment is the korean one. could that be the problem? would it work if i connected it to a desktop? should i use a different card reader? any help would be much appreciated. thanks so much for your help and patience. best regards, alex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins