Hacking I think Luigi horked my Wii U 5.4

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's what happened.

I was playing Super Mario 3D World USA using Loadiine GX2 with no issues. One time I saw a little 8 - bit Luigi icon running in the lower left of the title screen. Wondering what it was I tapped on the little guy. The screen went black. After that I couldn't get the games to launch in GX2.

Things I've tried:

- Wiped SD card completely and then ONLY put GX2 and Mario 3D on the SD.
- Tried to load and got the same results. The game appears but if you tap on it using gamepad or press A nothing happens. You can hear the sound of you telling it to run but nothing happens. Tried in both Mii Maker Mode as well as SSBB Mode (I have the disc).
- Tried loading Loadiine 3.0 instead since it was also working on that. Game shows in the menu but if I press A or X I get "Can't launch game!"
- Checked system settings and it is still 5.4 firmware.
- Double checked Tubehax DNS settings.

Edit:

Fixed by following these steps:

Okay got it working:

1. Completely wiped Wii U again.
2. re downloaded latest verified GX2
3. Re setup my locally hosted www using newest download of GX2
4. Used newly formatted SD card
5. Re setup Loadiine GX2 on SD card
6. Extracted fresh Mario 3d world from wud
7. Named according to GX2 instructions and copied to SD
Success!

I don't know where the issue was but I had already switched SD cards and reformatted my Wii U in the past. Glad to have it working again. Thanks all and F-U Luigi!

There have been some awesome anti-luigi memes posted in this thread. I have to share.

posted by @piratsepherith

posted by @Zap Rowsdower

posted by @kbmarinha

posted by @TotalInsanity4

posted by @BurningDesire

posted by @emuman100

Last edited by Kafluke,
Reactions: Deboog

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's supposed to start a little minigame containing a modified version of the original Super Mario Bros, but it seems to rely on title switching, and that may be broken on loadiine. Although I don't know how it could have broken your game files, have you tried to unpack them again?

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's supposed to start a little minigame containing a modified version of the original Super Mario Bros, but it seems to rely on title switching, and that may be broken on loadiine. Although I don't know how it could have broken your game files, have you tried to unpack them again?

I saved a copy of the unpacked files on my PC. The version that won't load is a clean version from just after I extracted the wud.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
It is a copy of mario bros 8-bit if detects luigi bros save on your wii u. Its an easter egg as part of the year of Luigi

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, here's what happened.

I was playing Super Mario 3D World USA using Loadiine GX2 with no issues. One time I saw a little 8 - bit Luigi icon running in the lower left of the title screen. Wondering what it was I tapped on the little guy. The screen went black. After that I couldn't get the games to launch in GX2.

Things I've tried:

- Wiped SD card completely and then ONLY put GX2 and Mario 3D on the SD.
- Tried to load and got the same results. The game appears but if you tap on it using gamepad or press A nothing happens. You can hear the sound of you telling it to run but nothing happens. Tried in both Mii Maker Mode as well as SSBB Mode (I have the disc).
- Tried loading Loadiine 3.0 instead since it was also working on that. Game shows in the menu but if I press A or X I get "Can't launch game!"
- Checked system settings and it is still 5.4 firmware.
- Double checked Tubehax DNS settings.

if you have a luigi save file on your wii u, delete it.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a copy of mario bros 8-bit if detects luigi bros save on your wii u. Its an easter egg as part of the year of Luigi

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you have a luigi save file on your wii u, delete it.

There are no save files at all on my sd card and I just did a complete data wipe on the wii u. Same thing. Game shows in Loadiine GX2 but won't start.

Kafluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried a brand new SD card. Same result. I'm at a loss here. Why would I be able to fire up loadiine but now my games won't work?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried a brand new SD card. Same result. I'm at a loss here. Why would I be able to fire up loadiine but now my games won't work?

Its possible that it wrote something to your nand. Like I said, that was only suppose to show if you had a Luigi savefile on your Wii U.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this for real ?!?! Is there other games we should be carefully with is your loadiine completely screwed now ?!?!I'm interested in the progress of this thread

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11428666_832990366797277_1553324295_n.jpg

No more pirated games for you!
In all seriousness, this is really bad. Hopefully someone can help you get to the bottom of this and fix your problem!

Reactions: Azeryn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun