• Replies 75
  • Likes 1

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Continuing the speculation...

Surely the Mii exploit only needs to be used once. So, you run the Mii exploit, and then use the opportunity to downgrade the N3DS to 9.0/9.2. At that point the browser works again, so no need for the Mii exploit anymore.

Does that make sense?

My AUS / PAL N3DS is on 9.0 and the browser loads up fine.
Why downgrade from 9.2 to 9.0 ?

A possible reason the browser exploit doesn't work on the NEW 3DS, is because the NEW 3DS is using a brand new webkit-based web browser.
The name for the OLD 3DS browser: Spider
The name for the NEW 3DS browser: Skater

Think of it like this, the old 3DS uses google chrome, the new 3DS uses iron(a variant of the chrome browser made to remove defaults of sending back information to google, but sends different information back anyway to the maintainers who knows how they use it.)

I believe smealum stated when Ninjahax got blocked in 9.3 that Nintendo blocked the second stage, which should be After the spider/skater entry point.
But I've never used ninjahax, so I'm not sure if the first point is the ninja game qr code, then the second stage is spider/skater, then etc.
But either way, Ninjahax still worked on 9.2 N3DS consoles, I believe, so shouldn't really matter, maybe gateway just have to add more payloads.
They probably don't want to do that because if Skater's version number ever gets to the same number as Spider's there might be issues with their user-agent based payload selection.
The Ninjahax version warned people not to use the old/new payloads interchangeably, so maybe it wouldn't be ideal to try.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
The Mii thing being an entry point is just speculation from what I can tell. Mostly because of a little noticed mistake the demonstrator made while showing off the exploit in that N3DS video from Gateway that we have all seen a billion times. I would not be surprised to see a curve ball come from gateway and the Mii app not be involved at all in this.

As for the Mii exploit breaking something...That's also speculation built upon another thing that was speculation. I don't think that should be believed just yet.

I doubt Gateway used YouTube as the entry point. Given that consoles don't include the app out of the box and Gateway did say no extra hardware/software is needed to gain access to to Gateway mode.

Not speculation fact. Here's the source :

iLj6xly.png

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You're mistaken. you can.

You're mistaken, you can not play a chinese region rom with a sky3ds on a japanese NEW NINTENDO THREE DEE ESS.

Also, I wouldn't trust a word out of sonyusa's mouth.
Why would anyone trust a person who leaked sensitive private beta information?

D

Deleted User

OP

The crash of the real browser i have find but i don't think it's exploitable

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes with Region Three
You're mistaken, you can not play a chinese region rom with a sky3ds on a japanese NEW NINTENDO THREE DEE ESS.

The crash of the real browser i have find but i don't think it's exploitable

Yeah, it looks like the error is caught on the new browser, and doesn't result in it exploding into other areas of ram.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, I wouldn't trust a word out of sonyusa's mouth.
Why would anyone trust a person who leaked sensitive private beta information?

Its a damn good thing there are no roms in china that I want to play nor any other country other than my own.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you guys trying to run GW's payload on an N3ds? Obv it is fw specific, and most likely, system specific. It will never work unless gw release an N3DS payload to go with it.

Trial and error. I guess they want to try to figure it out themselves. No harm done other than locking there n3ds and requires a hard reboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn