I screwed up really bad, is my PSP now as good as a brick?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Sarkelez, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Sarkelez
    OP

Sarkelez Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Jersey
    So I was going to install Infinity on my dad's PSP and I went to flash it, all was good until it booted into the PSP game, it didn't mention anything about it but then again I'm quite a noob, and it was stuck at FIFA 06, the place to get back to the HOME menu was in japanese and no option worked and it was just FIFA 06.
    It didn't mention anything about it in any of the guides and now I think I hardbricked a PSP my dad loved dearly, I'm gonna get it, could you please tell me if it's Bricked for good or if I can buy a Pandora's battery and Magic memory stick and fix it.
    I haven't told my dad yet and he'll flip out on me when he finds out, I feel really heartbroken and I feel like I betrayed my father.

2. GorillaGD

GorillaGD Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    If you're booting up a Japanese game, you should know that the X and O buttons are switched which also effects the suspend software menu. In Japan, O is the accept button, X is the cancel button.

Last edited by GorillaGD, Aug 10, 2017
    lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    lol.. i don't know what op is saying exactly
    op, what do you think it's a brick? the console doesn't get out of menu? that is not a brick. just turn it off and on again....
    a brick is, your console can't turn ON (not sure if psp shows a boot error thing like the 3ds does..)

PS: pandora battery only works in the fat models.

4. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    as stated above, in Japanese games, the O and X buttons are reversed, even in the game shutdown menu, simply turn off your PSP completely and turn it on again.