SlateXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That s totally retard to mess with system title without having a nand backup

Agreed.

To my defense i didn't think it would matter since i could just boot up Ninjhax and fix it.

OH wait, ninjhax won't launch without browser apparently (even if CN has ninjhax save.)
I didn't know that.

Did anyone? lol

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed.

To my defense i didn't think it would matter since i could just boot up Ninjhax and fix it.

OH wait, ninjhax won't launch without browser apparently (even if CN has ninjhax save.)
I didn't know that.

Did anyone? lol
Try disabling wireless, ninjhax doesn't require Internet, maybe if it sees there is none, it won't check the browser? The only reason it would use the browser would be to connect to some server. Anyway, how'd your experiment work?

SlateXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling wireless, ninjhax doesn't require Internet, maybe if it sees there is none, it won't check the browser? The only reason it would use the browser would be to connect to some server. Anyway, how'd your experiment work?

Well now that i have no browser (tecnically i have a browser it's the non functioning spider browser) it get stuck at 70 percent upon loading ninjhax. Not sure why???

And it failed. Says i have to update firmware to use the spider browser.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now that i have no browser (tecnically i have a browser it's the non functioning spider browser) it get stuck at 70 percent upon loading ninjhax. Not sure why???

Oh. (try at your own risk) try deleteing your ninjhax (cut maybe it's configures for n3ds browser) and try to reinstall for spider. There is a good chance it won't be able to install again because it can't access the link in the qr code.

Reactions: SlateXD

SlateXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. (try at your own risk) try deleted no your ninjhax (cut maybe it's configures for n3ds browser) and try to reinstall for spider. There is a good chance it won't be able to install again because it can't access the link in the qr code.

Yeah i'm probably screwed due to the fact spider wouldn't launch xD

Only bet is a GW card or send to a user with a GW card.

To be clear, i can boot up GW with OOT exploit without browser for sure, and be able to reinstall the browser without an internet browser? Before i drop 70 for a GW card. xD... That i won't really even use.

EDIT: will use for EMUNAND FOR MY ERROR AND TRIALS LOL

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

mostlikely due ninhax exploiting the browser to get more initate the later stages.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[quote

To be clear, i can boot up GW with OOT exploit without browser for sure, and be able to reinstall the browser without an internet browser? Before i drop 70 for a GW card. xD... That i won't really even use.

I has Gatewait card!

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't feel bad OP, I install potential, NAND, brick breaking title ID's on my JP 3DS. You just got unlucky. Pretty sure someone will fix it for you.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Try to launch the gateway menu with your cn card, it may work. (You will still need the gateway itself though)

SlateXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to have to buy GW - and use OOT on sky3ds to boot it, then i can fix everything. Least it's not a brick aye? Needed Emunand anyways to avoid this type of mistakes.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was wanting to test if i could run OS browser on n3ds while in pastacfw.

Well that's a no.

I uninstalled n3ds browser and installed o3ds browser. Here is where i mess up, i got side tracked and forgot to install the N3ds browser back (in sysnand)

Now i can't run ninjahax to fix my error because i have no browser i guess.

I thought since i had CN saved with Ninjhax i wouldn't need the browser to relaunch Ninjhax. Was wrong indeed.

WTF am i to do (tears)
It seems like your best bet is to have someone with a Gateway help you reinstall the browser, if you're not wanting to spend the money on it yourself. I don't know enough about n3DS to be able to know how to access a CIA installer without a Gateway card and without Ninjhax, but if you can find info on that, you could do it that way (should a way exist).

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I wish I could be more helpful.

Reactions: SlateXD

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I seriously don't understand how people think they can piss around with their NAND but don't consider backing up first... If they knew what they were doing, surely they would've known how to backup a NAND and why a backup should be done.

Your own stupidity has gotten the best of you. Now you should've learnt the hard way that YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP.

Sorry that there's nothing that can help you...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
My idea was to downgrade Home Menu to something from 7.x (a Home Menu from before n3DS existed) then try using o3DS browser (one could just leave the n3DS browser installed, I don't think it would matter since old Home Menu would ignore it)

I think what is happening is that 8.x and newer Home Menu is coded to detect when it's on a n3DS and expects a certain title id for the browser. When it doesn't find it, it shows you the usual system update message.

Of coarse I would have tried it in emunand first. It's just crazy to do it on sysnand unless I had a NAND mod. Unfortunately I do not have a n3DS so I can't test this idea. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead