Hacking I purchased a 4$ sd2vita from ebay.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 11,106
  • Replies 66

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
It's cheap because Chinese people are into it. So yeah they can even sell for 2$ as well. It's the same thing just made by different people/companies.

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cannot get mine to work :( being sent a replacement :)
I had the same problem. I followed four different tutorials because they all had little variations in the steps they made. I finally got it to work by doing the normal steps (formatting SD, downloading the driver, etc.). The key part that worked for me:
1) Copying the config.txt file from uX0 to ur0 (overwriting it).
2) Changing the uX0 taihen folder name to tai_DEL (some say you can delete it, but I'd rather just do this. I've tried it all other ways and this is what worked for 3 different vitas. So maybe I'm superstitious.)
3) on uR0 drive, edit the config.txt file. Right below the *KERNEL entry, I made a new entry:
  • Press X on Kernel to go into edit mode.
  • Press "Line Break" green button on Vita keyboard.
  • Type "ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
  • On the left-hand side of the keyboard, press the "double down arrow" key (below shift key) which will bring you out of edit mode.
  • Press circle button. Vita will ask if you want to save changes.
  • Press X to save changes.
4) Power down, insert the formatted microsd plus adapter (make sure the adapter is firmly way down into the slot. And make sure the microsd is "clicked" into its position as well).
5) Start Vita.

That worked for me. I used the first driver to mount it as ux0.
I've been able to get it to work without a Vita memory card. On one of my consoles, for some reason, I've tried to set it up without the Vita card in the unit (moving Vitashell to main memory, etc. so. I'm not reliant on having memory card inserted), however, it would only work with the Vita card. And of course, after SD2Vita mounts, it unmounts the Vita memory card. Supposedly, you should be able to have both at the same time, however, that has not worked for me.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same problem. I followed four different tutorials because they all had little variations in the steps they made. I finally got it to work by doing the normal steps (formatting SD, downloading the driver, etc.). The key part that worked for me:
1) Copying the config.txt file from uX0 to ur0 (overwriting it).
2) Changing the uX0 taihen folder name to tai_DEL (some say you can delete it, but I'd rather just do this. I've tried it all other ways and this is what worked for 3 different vitas. So maybe I'm superstitious.)
3) on uR0 drive, edit the config.txt file. Right below the *KERNEL entry, I made a new entry:
  • Press X on Kernel to go into edit mode.
  • Press "Line Break" green button on Vita keyboard.
  • Type "ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
  • On the left-hand side of the keyboard, press the "double down arrow" key (below shift key) which will bring you out of edit mode.
  • Press circle button. Vita will ask if you want to save changes.
  • Press X to save changes.
4) Power down, insert the formatted microsd plus adapter (make sure the adapter is firmly way down into the slot. And make sure the microsd is "clicked" into its position as well).
5) Start Vita.

That worked for me. I used the first driver to mount it as ux0.
I've been able to get it to work without a Vita memory card. On one of my consoles, for some reason, I've tried to set it up without the Vita card in the unit (moving Vitashell to main memory, etc. so. I'm not reliant on having memory card inserted), however, it would only work with the Vita card. And of course, after SD2Vita mounts, it unmounts the Vita memory card. Supposedly, you should be able to have both at the same time, however, that has not worked for me.

That's exactly what I did, however it restarted and said "card needs formatting" I clicked ok, it formatted my vita card and not the SD2vita....

Gonna try again another day, when I get a day off....

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I did, however it restarted and said "card needs formatting" I clicked ok, it formatted my vita card and not the SD2vita....

Gonna try again another day, when I get a day off....
That happened on 3 or 4 of my attempts. I can follow directions very well. I've hacked 2 Wii Us, 4 3DSs, flashed 360s, OG Xbox, and so on. I follow directions exactly, and I swear the shit was just not working. What was problematic was some of the guides didn't tell you to copy the config.txt from ux0 to ur0. I don't know if that made the difference, but it might have. It's differences like that (when instructions are not identical) that make it difficult to pinpoint faults in the process.
So I was doing all sorts of different things. I would try it without the Vita memory card, I'd move Vitashell to the main memory so I could do the necessary modifications in the files. Then, when that didn't work, I'd humor the prompt that told me to format it, but it just started an endless formatting loop. After formatting it, it looked like it would boot to the homescreen, but then the prompt appeared asking me to format it...again. Lather, rinse, and repeat. Over and over. So then I'd power it off and try the process again.
I left the adapter in so I didn't have to reseat it, but I did remove the microSD and reformatted it again using the special image file and program suggested by wololo/this board. Because I wanted to stick to the confirmed working process as closely as possible. But through multiple boots and putting that microSD back after formatting it and repeating steps, I finally got it to work.
Oh, and that's the thing, after it messes up on you like that, you have to repeat the steps of editing the config.txt and stuff. Because it didn't boot properly to mount the microSD to uX0 as you had previously configured, it messes it up. So that's another reason why it's good to leave that tai folder by renaming it as tai_DEL. I just go back into uX0, copy the config.txt, paste it in ur0, edit the config.txt *KERNEL, and repeat the other steps. I eventually got it to work by methodically attacking it in that manner.
Doing little things out of sequence (trying to take shortcuts) never worked. I got so fucking frustrated, believe me. But after continuously starting from scratch over and over and over, I got it to work. I have the process down now. It certainly doesn't help that there are many producers of these modcarts and you don't know whether it's hardware-related, user-error-related, or what. So annoying.

Reactions: Bochi and KiiWii

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you are from Germany then i would recommend this Adapter. Its completly made in Germany in a german pcb microsystem comapany.
Bought by myself 2 of them and the quality is really damn good. I ordered them and got them 1 day later - free shipping. sadly for all other users: this seller only sells in Germany and austria :/

http://www.ebay.de/itm/SD2VITA-verg...078156?hash=item25dd4505cc:g:07oAAOSwzWpZjH1K

i dont want to make marketing for this seller - if the link is not allowed please delete or tell me. i thought for this price and quality and delivery speed its quite good - in my opinion.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My SD2Vita finally arrived today, one of the $15 ones from Modisah. I'd probably have bought a $4 Chinese one if they were available at the time, but in fairness to Modisah it works great, was packaged well and he sent it all the way to Japan.

Unfortately I won't get my 200GB microSD for another few weeks, so I'm still using my official Sony 64GB card right now. Eventually, the plan is to use the 200GB card for Vita, PS1 and PSP games and the 64GB card for full roms sets. I could switch Adrenaline over to the 64GB card instead, maybe.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Chinese SD2Vita but I can't seem to find the tutorial i saved before on how to set it up...can anyone send me a link?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Chinese SD2Vita but I can't seem to find the tutorial i saved before on how to set it up...can anyone send me a link?
I created a quick guide after I solve my own issue on my thread I created recently after solving my enso + sd2vita issue. It should still be on the first page and it have the link to the wololo guide.

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I've having issues with mine, even though I'm 99.99% sure I followed the steps in post 43 above and have seated it the right way around/fully in. Quick question before I get in touch with ebay seller and ask for a replacement, I've read a few posts about the led flashing when it is seated correctly, I've never seen my leds flash even once with the sd2vita in, despite multiple attempts to get it seated right. Using a game card the led flashes straight away, is this indicative of a fault with the sd2vita?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've having issues with mine, even though I'm 99.99% sure I followed the steps in post 43 above and have seated it the right way around/fully in. Quick question before I get in touch with ebay seller and ask for a replacement, I've read a few posts about the led flashing when it is seated correctly, I've never seen my leds flash even once with the sd2vita in, despite multiple attempts to get it seated right. Using a game card the led flashes straight away, is this indicative of a fault with the sd2vita?
do you have enso install and the gamesd.skprx with the config.txt edit?

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
do you have enso install and the gamesd.skprx with the config.txt edit?

Yes, have followed the tutorial here to the letter, trying to mount the sd2vita as both ux0(get the format prompt)/uma0(not visible in vitashell) with the respective plugins. Have even tried reflowing some of the solder joints with a soldering iron and using electric tape, but nothing so far has worked :( I was just interested to know, what happens for other people when the insert the sd2vita, does the gamecard led start flashing straightaway as it does for a game?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had a format prompt except with my sony mem card when testing out enso....

you could try redling the gamesd.skprx

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thanks, tried both ux0/uma0 versions from another source, but didn't work. Can anyone confirm that the plugins in I linked to above work for them? I've deleted the tai folder from ux0 and have pasted my config file below, which as far as I can see looks good? I only get the format prompt when I enable the ux0 gamesd plugin, so pretty sure it is taking effect. Think I'm at the point where I get a replacement, unless someone can see something really obvious?

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.skprx
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*NPEZ00104
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

D

Deleted User

OP
Update: i got today the sd2vita from ebay that i ordered for 4$. And i can see that the soldering on this device is very good and it works great. also today i ordered new version. Much better than the previous. The new version include "push eject function" so you could take it out from the vita easily. those who brought sd2vita for 15$ don't feel bad and tell to yourself that you got the better quality. and you know what. Maybe i also sell it for 15$ on ebay after i get the new version and write there that it is the best quality. (and it really is)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.