PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
You can't DDOS something from one IP address.
Maybe not, but you can certainly put strain on the server. Ever heard of an F5 attack? By continuously refreshing the page, you can send requests faster than the server can even read the IP of each request.

Not to give anyone any ideas. Actually, if the moderators think this would give anyone bad ideas, go ahead and delete this post.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Maybe not, but you can certainly put strain on the server. Ever heard of an F5 attack? By continuously refreshing the page, you can send requests faster than the server can even read the IP of each request.

Not to give anyone any ideas. Actually, if the moderators think this would give anyone bad ideas, go ahead and delete this post.
That's some poorly configured server right there.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes you can, and that's called a DoS (Denial of Service), not DDoS, DDoS short for "Distributed Denial of Service", because you're attacking from multiple sources (hence distributed).

EDIT: Misunderstood this, ignore me.

Last edited by master801,

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes you can, and that's called a DoS (Denial of Service), not DDoS, DDoS short for "Distributed Denial of Service", because you're attacking from multiple sources (hence distributed).
So you're saying a snickers is a mars when you put a mars label over the snickers label?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. Infinite lightning has been around for many years now. Surpassing the 2 year time frame given by the OP by a few years.

Just do a quick google search

http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/22722-Infinite-Item-modifier-and-other-Videos

A video here posted in 2008 (5 years prior to the story of the OP) shows infinite lightning!!!

The OP would have been around 8 years old when this post was made.

Cry for attention? 100% confirmed.
Are you retarded? The lightning item hacks isn't server sided. You can spam all the fuck you want, but others won't be able to see it unless you have the newer code.

I know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I have an example of the effects of these powerful codes please.
DC WW, Freeze WW, Ban a MAC, etc

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[examples of the hidden codes]
DC WW, Freeze WW, Ban a MAC, etc

You might need fewer acronyms/initialisms.

Anyway I am guessing the ban a mac code is a combo of the unban code (the mac is held in memory and trusted by the game/Nintendo servers) and something that will inevitably trigger a ban. Nintendo then bans what it thinks is an offending mac address but is actually some poor bastard's.
I wonder if this is why unbanning help was not very forthcoming on the Wii.

DC WW
Disconnect someone, possibly another player.
If WW is worldwide (as in multiplayer) then freeze becomes obvious.

Knowing Nintendo's generally awful netcode this could be probably be done with relative ease compared to some games. I would try sending malformed packets on player position, items held or something similar. Freezing the whole thing, I would try the same thing but point it at the server for everybody to get the results of.

Meh, this almost seems partway sensible. I was hoping for a more dramabait type thing that I sometimes see for other games.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you retarded? The lightning item hacks isn't server sided. You can spam all the fuck you want, but others won't be able to see it unless you have the newer code.

I guess I am retarded. But not retarded enough to have a hitman fund setup in my name.

Please, use simple words, so that even a 15 year old could understand and explain to me how the video I showed is different to what you claim to have stolen.

Are you saying that the video I showed wouldn't work in multiplayer???

Also, what is the name of this forum you pissed off so much?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I am retarded. But not retarded enough to have a hitman fund setup in my name.

Please, use simple words, so that even a 15 year old could understand and explain to me how the video I showed is different to what you claim to have stolen.

Are you saying that the video I showed wouldn't work in multiplayer???

Also, what is the name of this forum you pissed off so much?
Kinda. Item hacks work online but if ypu spam lightning only onr would show up every 30 seconds.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The definitive, 100% subjective, mario kart Console list

Mario kart 64
2. Mario kart DD
3. Mario kart wiiu
4. Mario kart SNES
10. Mario kart wii

I Personally haven't played many of the portable MK games but I've owned the 3DS and DS versions. They are good but I'd put them after SNES just for the fact I like my MK to be on the big screen.

Can you explain why 64 is higher ranked than DD, not saying it's wrong (it's opinion based, obviously) I'd just like to know why. ^_^

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you explain why 64 is higher ranked than DD, not saying it's wrong (it's opinion based, obviously) I'd just like to know why. ^_^

The only reason I can justify is that the battle levels in 64 I felt were a lot better. Block fort in particular. It was also a major step up from its predecessor and nothing could complete with it at the time.

But having said that, I really did enjoy the ba-bomb multiplayer mode in MKDD.

But really, it comes down to the fact that mk64 was released when I was in high school and had tones of multiplayer sessions on the 64 while MKDD was released when I was in uni and didn't play it with friends nearly as much.

But no matter how I look at it, MK WII is utterly dead last.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I can justify is that the battle levels in 64 I felt were a lot better. Block fort in particular. It was also a major step up from its predecessor and nothing could complete with it at the time.

But having said that, I really did enjoy the ba-bomb multiplayer mode in MKDD.

But really, it comes down to the fact that mk64 was released when I was in high school and had tones of multiplayer sessions on the 64 while MKDD was released when I was in uni and didn't play it with friends nearly as much.

But no matter how I look at it, MK WII is utterly dead last.

Ah makes perfect sense now, see I was never into the Battle Mode due to only playing it alone (my multiplayer game was 007 and Conkers) I enjoyed MKDD because myself and a friend could ride 1 car and race kinda like co-op campaign. Yeah Ba-Bomb is great, thanx for that bit of knowledge ^_^

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I feel this has gone on long enough. The community isn't taking this seriously, and frankly, I can't blame them. There is far too much in here that is unbelievable and outside of normal reasoning. On top of that, you dont seem to be taking anyone's advice, despite asking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: