Hacking I need help...

abyss0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off:

1: I own a 1 x dslite, 1 x dsi (origanal firmware likely will never update as gf's) and 1 x 3ds(original firmware) 2 x r4i gold v. 1.41 from r4igold.cn with v. 1.42 from r4igold.cn on sd cards. they have nemo game icons

2: I am aware 3ds roms do not work nor do i care at this point lol i am patient

3: I have heard my cards are dstt aka wood compatible.

My 1st question is am I safe to upgrade my "3ds" to the newest firmware? although if my r4 is no longer compatible I can still use my dslite with it but would prefer to wait till a 3ds game compatible card comes out to update the 3ds so i can continue to use it with the r4.

And secondly is my card compatible as such and if so how do i switch to that as it seems easier to find info for.

I am sorry if this has been answered, i have spent 2 months now ( since I bought a 3ds and 2 days later was able to sweet talk store into exchanging for another as 3ds update rendered card unusable on the 3ds, was using 1.41 from r41gold.cn at the time)

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
abyss0 said:
First off:

1: I own a 1 x dslite, 1 x dsi (origanal firmware likely will never update as gf's) and 1 x 3ds(original firmware) 2 x r4i gold v. 1.41 from r4igold.cn with v. 1.42 from r4igold.cn on sd cards. they have nemo game icons

2: I am aware 3ds roms do not work nor do i care at this point lol i am patient

3: I have heard my cards are dstt aka wood compatible.

My 1st question is am I safe to upgrade my "3ds" to the newest firmware? although if my r4 is no longer compatible I can still use my dslite with it but would prefer to wait till a 3ds game compatible card comes out to update the 3ds so i can continue to use it with the r4.

And secondly is my card compatible as such and if so how do i switch to that as it seems easier to find info for.

I am sorry if this has been answered, i have spent 2 months now ( since I bought a 3ds and 2 days later was able to sweet talk store into exchanging for another as 3ds update rendered card unusable on the 3ds, was using 1.41 from r41gold.cn at the time)

69 people seen this and no answers so i'll give it a try.

Answer to Question 1.
You are always safe updating the firmware on your 3DS. your R4 will be incompatible if you haven't upgraded the firmware on your card to the latest one. R4ids.cn has the latest firmware updates to make it work on the latest 3DS firmware... IF you have a rdi 3DS gold card. Since you said R4i gold i assume you have an older card, but since it's a gold card you can update that to the latest Gold firmware Non-(3DS) link is here Download
You should have a chessmaster icon when updated successfully.
If you want to wait "till a 3ds game compatible card comes out" then you may be waiting a long time, perhaps years as nobody has hardware that can play the roms, apart from "Team Legacy" and even then that's word of mouth.

Answer to Question 2.
"And secondly is my card compatible as such and if so how do i switch to that as it seems easier to find info for."
Your question is worded funny and i'm not sure what you're exactly asking but... if your asking if your card is compatible with the 3DS and how easy is it to get it to work on the 3DS then click the link i posted in the answer to Question 1, that update will update your card to work on the 3DS if you have a R4i Gold card.
If that's not the answer you're looking for then post up another question which i'll try to answer a little better.

abyss0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the reply atleast
biggrin.gif

k as for question 1, the problem is I have a r4igold.cn not r4ids.cn I am running the latest firmware from the site for my card. my card is "older" but is and always has 3ds compatible (atleast with the origanal for the 3ds firmware.) I updated my 3ds firmware while running the one step older r4igold.cn firmware. Card still worked in my dsi and nds but no longer was accepted by 3ds. I was able to exchange that 3ds for another one ( said I wanted other color
tongue.gif
). I am now running the newest for my site firmware but want to know it will work before i update the 3ds. I know a working card is a ways off but as I already have 2 perfectly good cards not willing to spend more money on another card that has the same abilities as the ones i have.

the second question has to do with the answer you gave for my first question. I have a clone, a good clone but a clone. as i have done extensive searching online regarding the first question, i have found and correct me if I am wrong there are 3 main ds/dsi cards, the rest are clones of varying levels of quality. What I am trying to figure out is which one of the 2 (i can't play gba so that easy to eliminate) and if I can go to that site to get updates/info as most people mistakenly(?) assume I/others have a r4ids.cn or other site card

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Some cloned cards will accept binary updates made for the original cards. If you have a spare flash card you could always restore the card back to the way that it was.

If your cards work as they are now then keep using the firmware on the 3DS as it is, however updating it will give you access back to the eshop as i think it's currently disabled on yours... right?...

I don't have one of the clones so i can't check as i have the originals. R4igold.cn doesn't seem to update their site that often at all...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?