Hacking I need help please! Unbricking Wii

cieviz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, here's my situation:
a friend of mine gave me his wii to unbrick, even if I'm not inside this tipe of things anymore.
But i want to try.
So the situation is that when i turn on the Wii there is only black screen and there aren't program on the wii like priiloader and bootmii.
Should be a full brick and the only thing i have is the NAND backup on my PC.
Is it possible to fix it?
If not by software is possible to open it and change the "broken" part with a new one and fix it?
Thanks for your time.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly likely it is possible to fix it. Plug in a gamecube controller and repeatedly hit arrows on the D-Pad while turning on the Wii. This should get you into recovery mode. Using any of the game hacks for loading homebrew with an SD card (Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, etc.), you can get BootMii installed and restore your NAND backup.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Repeatedly hitting arrows" is pretty hit and miss - you're trying to perform the SaveMiiFrii method, which requires you to hit Up, Down, Left and Right at the same time. As you probably imagine, this is impossible without taking the controller apart unless you're Flash. Take the controller apart, it'll be tons easier.

If SaveMiiFrii fails to work, you always have the option of using hardware flashers like Infectus to write the NAND back to the chip, there's guides online on how to do it right.

cieviz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried several times with the GC pad method but nothing happened...
so I was wondering, what happens if i change the wii motherboard??
Is a matherboard problem?? Can i fix the problem in this way?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the controller is in the fourth port, take it apart, and hold all four directional pad buttons at the same time, then push the power button and KEEP HOLDING.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Make sure the controller is in the fourth port, take it apart, and hold all four directional pad buttons at the same time, then push the power button and KEEP HOLDING.

can you please tell me what this does? maybe i can need it for the future...
will this bring bootmii? (just boot2?) ?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
No, this will bring a "recovery menu" up. All that will show on the screen is your version number and region in the bottom right of the screen. You can then use a wii brick repair disc (find it online) to boot some homebrew to fix it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, this will bring a "recovery menu" up. All that will show on the screen is your version number and region in the bottom right of the screen. You can then use a wii brick repair disc (find it online) to boot some homebrew to fix it.

thanks!

it will do the same thing no matter what bootmii is on boot2?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii doesn't affect it. Also I forgot to mention that if you put in a game that has a higher system update it will update automatically and might fix the system menu if you fucked it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.