i need a new TV...

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't worry about professional setting calibrations, just play with the settings and see what looks the best to you.

And I've never read anything about Wax or surge protectors making a plasma look better, sounds like garbage.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
see, i would instantly think it was garbage if it came from a salesman. but most of those opinions came from members on AVSForum, and i only saw a picture of a guy waxing his TV, though he never gave a reason, the caption just read "Waxing my TV... Again" so i was a little confused about that. but i dont think i'm going to buy the surge supressor for now. i'm gonna try one i already have and see the results. if i decide it's worth the 100, then i'll pick one up. but in the mean time, i need to get component cables for my wii, HDMI for my 360 ( it comes with high def components, but i've heard HDMI is really the way to go on all high def sources, i'm even thinking about picking up a HD-DVD attachment, if i can find one used
smile.gif
), but i kind of just want to get an upconverting DVD player instead... unless the 360 does this without the attachment, does anyone know? and since this TV has all kinds of inputs on the back, i can finally ditch my intec system selector. and just use the inputs on the tv. all of my video games go through my cheap stereo, and it's like 5 years old. but theoretically, i can just plug in the sound output from the TV into the stereo, like i did my game consoles and all the sound will come out of the speakers, right? and not with just my games, but regular TV too, i think.

i know monster cables are really really expensive, any one know a good quality alternative?

edit:
1) My TV came in today (2/22/07) but i'm at work. I'm sure i'll be posting alot of questions after 5PM central time.
2) well, i couldnt wait, so i went home for lunch and set it up, but i still dont have a high def source other than my 360. but my question is; what are some things i should do when calibrating it? i know there are DVD's for it, but i dont feel like buying it... i will if you guys can confirm weather or not it's work it...

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow... DarkForce, friedchicken, and MC DUI, i cant thank you enough for recommending this TV. I know i've only had it a day, so i cant give alot of feedback on it... but damn, right out the box, this thing amazed me. I have never seen the kind of detail in Burnout, Gears Of War, and Oblivion before... i even almost shed a tear at the quality of my HD channels. it's f*ckin amazing... Thank you guys soo much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water