I kinda liked this Splatoon commercial - Am I just wrong?

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It obviously has a 90s vibe, like the previous one (Intentionally, afaik since the game obviously has a 90s vibe itself).​
But even though ...I still was, well ....interested. The music was interesting to me, the video-cut's choices were cool enough.. ..I can even tell you that I kinda liked it.​
The question is ...Am I just wrong? My analytic sense is really broken for real?​
I needed to ask cause, the amount of hate that this ad is taking is crazy ...Dislikes everywhere ...seems like the hate is the only option... ..seems like "kinda liking it" is now a sin ..(I'm better just say that I hate it then :ninja:) ...now I don't even know what to think :P
What's you input on the case?​

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like it too :mellow:

After watching the ad for the first time, I though "well, it's kinda cool actually ...but maybe some people will not like it much" ...then I looked at the Youtube's Dislike bar, and Wow! Holy crap, that's a lot of hate :P

not sure why it's that pronounced though ....

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After watching the ad for the first time, I though "well, it's kinda cool actually ...but maybe some people will not like it much" ...then I looked at the Youtube's Dislike bar, and Wow! Holy crap, that's a lot of hate :P

Because its like when you splat you toon when ..?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

It sounds like "splatown"

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo srly needs to fire everyone in their advertising sector

Here is what they look like while working
Monkey_Office_1A.jpg

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Well you are a squid now and I do like the gameplay. It might be Nintendo's best multi-player game yet. Though I hope that isn't it's only strength, or at least they combine story mode with multiplier.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I like it too :mellow:

No, you can't. you are a Vins, not a squid.

Well, I'm at work so I first saw it without audio and I though "I don't know what is wrong with this. they are showing inklings run and shoot and the basic strategy." then hear the audio and said "aahhhh, now I understand. just people making a fuss about Nintendo advertising for kids a game mainly designed to be played by kids." people is probably thinking "if someone see me playing this after this commercial they'll think I'm weird. hazukashi".
If you as an adult what to play the game then do it, don't need to be ashamed about what everyone says. I wasn't ashamed when I went to buy Senran Kagura, Criminal Girls and other "embarrassing to play" games, I like it I play it, simple as that. I play them outside my house without problems too.

Edit: Found this article of Destructoid about it.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands