Hacking I just purchased a PSP GO. What cool Hombrew can i add onto it? :)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,
Reactions: lordkaos

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought PermaCFW Was the most unsafe way to hack the PSP GO :s

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most N64 games will lag. SM64 plays pretty well on it, though. And most PS1 games play just fine on it, though you'll notice occasional framerate drops. I'd suggest doing this mod, too http://www.dbwbp.com/index.php/10-electronic-projects/7-psp-go-micro-sd-modification
I'm in the middle of doing this mod on my Go.

I don't think im experienced enough to try that haha. Can't you just buy a s2 Memory card and insert that for more space?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PermaCFW isn't possible on the Go, if I remember correctly. The only way to do it is with Infinity 6.61 CFW, and you'll want the "6.60 plugins on 6.61" plugin or else a lot of stuff from older homebrew and plugins won't work.

I don't think im experienced enough to try that haha. Can't you just buy a s2 Memory card and insert that for more space?
The M2 cards are all set to go, yes. But they're pricey and lack storage space.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dosen't infinity have bugs? I mean i can't even keep a custom theme on there without it resetting every time the system power cycles. I been using Pro with quick boot for years, it works i guess, if only i can figure out that online multiplayer thing, i be a bit happier. :P

Wish someone can help with it. Anyway, N64 emu suck, on like almost all consoles, psp isn't gonna be any better. But you can convert PS1 games to PSP, although some games already do exist in PSP form like breath of fire 3 or whatever. Just remember if you have any psx classics you bought on playstation store, you can install them with ps3. Less work, but for the ANY GAME YOU WANT THING, i would think compatibility depends on game, there is a reason why not all games are available, maybe is not limited to licensing issues to make them purchasable, but limitations of the PSX emulation itself.

As for my own recommendations, Get some emulators, GPSP kai 3.4 for GBA games, Pico drive 1.51 for Sega genesis and CD, Master boy for Master system Game gear and everything up to gameboy color, Nester j for NES and a not so very great emulator maybe either snestyl 0.42 or whatever is called or another one called snes euphoria. Either way some my suggestions. There is another homebrew i wish would work called the fusa game pad. supposed to allow your psp to work like HID on PC to use as controller, (ALSO FOR PS3) by usb, but it never works on my PSP for some reason. You also may wanna get PSPfiler, for file management (maybe a ftp progam) As well as some kind of homebrew app store just in case you wanna try some homebrew you wouldn't come up with to find. :)

Reactions: SushiKing

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dosen't infinity have bugs? I mean i can't even keep a custom theme on there without it resetting every time the system power cycles. I been using Pro with quick boot for years, it works i guess, if only i can figure out that online multiplayer thing, i be a bit happier. :P

Wish someone can help with it. Anyway, N64 emu suck, on like almost all consoles, psp isn't gonna be any better. But you can convert PS1 games to PSP, although some games already do exist in PSP form like breath of fire 3 or whatever. Just remember if you have any psx classics you bought on playstation store, you can install them with ps3. Less work, but for the ANY GAME YOU WANT THING, i would think compatibility depends on game, there is a reason why not all games are available, maybe is not limited to licensing issues to make them purchasable, but limitations of the PSX emulation itself.

As for my own recommendations, Get some emulators, GPSP kai 3.4 for GBA games, Pico drive 1.51 for Sega genesis and CD, Master boy for Master system Game gear and everything up to gameboy color, Nester j for NES and a not so very great emulator maybe either snestyl 0.42 or whatever is called or another one called snes euphoria. Either way some my suggestions. There is another homebrew i wish would work called the fusa game pad. supposed to allow your psp to work like HID on PC to use as controller, (ALSO FOR PS3) by usb, but it never works on my PSP for some reason. You also may wanna get PSPfiler, for file management (maybe a ftp progam) As well as some kind of homebrew app store just in case you wanna try some homebrew you wouldn't come up with to find. :)

Awesome, sounds really good! The ps1 Games alone is the best part for me haha :)

Start by installing permacfw

Is there any guides or youtube videos for a tutorial?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been out of the PSP scene for a while, but most if not all PS1 games work pretty damn well on the PSP. Its the only way I was able to make it through FF7.

Reactions: SushiKing

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Last edited by hyprskllz,

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/tutorials/how_to_install_661_infinity.html
Just remember to download the right firmware for your GO.
You also need POPSloader to play PSone games. Not all of them, but some needs specific POPS version for it to work.

Thanks! So do i update system before i start, or leave it on 6.31? Also what is the chances it will brick? ;o

Oh and do i choose the LIME-2.3 or the PRO-C2

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most N64 games will lag. SM64 plays pretty well on it, though. And most PS1 games play just fine on it, though you'll notice occasional framerate drops. I'd suggest doing this mod, too http://www.dbwbp.com/index.php/10-electronic-projects/7-psp-go-micro-sd-modification
I'm in the middle of doing this mod on my Go.
I had previously suggested doing that because of the go having only m2 card slot and the miserably small sizes of available cards, for ridiculous prices. Since everyone insisted this mod didn't exist, I buckled down to spend the $40 for a 16gb m2 card for it, but even then it still wasn't enough because of the requisite duplication of files. So... It is possible now? And what size would it recognize?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had previously suggested doing that because of the go having only m2 card slot and the miserably small sizes of available cards, for ridiculous prices. Since everyone insisted this mod didn't exist, I buckled down to spend the $40 for a 16gb m2 card for it, but even then it still wasn't enough because of the requisite duplication of files. So... It is possible now? And what size would it recognize?
The mod does exist, I've seen a few different pictures of people getting microSD to work, though getting it all to fit in the case is difficult. Sadly, I cannot confirm for the skeptics, as there was an accident while I was soldering the last couple wires, and my PSP Go's logic board was damaged. I have another logic board arriving sometime next month, so I'll be able to try again. As far as size, it should be able to recognize the same size amounts that a PSP 1000/2000/3000 would recognize with a MSDUO-microSD adapter, 256GB+. I'd suggest not going above 128GB, though, as the PSP starts to have difficulty parsing all that space once you hit 128GB. If you don't mind a bit of lag on your XMB, then a 128GB microSD is fine, or, if you don't need that much space and want a faster XMB, a 64GB card is a good choice.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just go for the PRO or L-ME Light Custom Firmwares, the only "hassle" is having to run FAST RECOVERY ONCE when you fully turn off your psp (sleep mode doesn't count as a full shutdown). Infinity can be risky on GO's and it's incompatible with Street.

I can have my psp on sleep mode for almost 3 weeks with a single charge. So... I rarely have to re-run the hack unless the PSP crashes.

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just go for the PRO or L-ME Light Custom Firmwares, the only "hassle" is having to run FAST RECOVERY ONCE when you fully turn off your psp (sleep mode doesn't count as a full shutdown). Infinity can be risky on GO's and it's incompatible with Street.

I can have my psp on sleep mode for almost 3 weeks with a single charge. So... I rarely have to re-run the hack unless the PSP crashes.

Yeah thanks, i was thinking about doing that instead of a permanent one. But im still confused on what to do, Do i update my psp?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah thanks, i was thinking about doing that instead of a permanent one. But im still confused on what to do, Do i update my psp?

What version does it have?
Note that 6.60 and 6.61 have NO DIFFERENCE between each other, game compatibility wise. All 6.61 added was changing the PSN protocols due to the massive hack there was back then. But you lose certain homebrew/plugins when you update to 6.61. So... If it's 6.60 leave it there.

SushiKing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What version does it have?
Note that 6.60 and 6.61 have NO DIFFERENCE between each other, game compatibility wise. All 6.61 added was changing the PSN protocols due to the massive hack there was back then. But you lose certain homebrew/plugins when you update to 6.61. So... If it's 6.60 leave it there.

Nope, it's 6.31 Is there a way to update it to 6.60 or should i just update it as it is then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.