Hardware I installed the wrong cias.

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't get a backup of the NAND before the downgrade without a hardmod. You just gotta check and double check and triple check that you are doing the right thing before pulling the trigger on something as dangerous as downgrading without a safety net.

I know and that's what I was referring too. Even if you can't do it yourself. Ask someone if they can do it for you. Don't proceed onto downgrading without a backup. There's multiple cases where members have completely bricked there console because of downgrading. That should tell most that this isn't safe to do without first making sure you have a nand backup.

Alex3dss

Unmotivated and depressed
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He's installed O3DS system CIA's on a N3DS.
So recovery mode probably changed too
\\then dont put recovery mode in a update/downgrade pack

EDIT:
It should work actually.
Nintendo's meaning of the recovery mode:
If you get a wrong or corrupt update package you should be able to restore it.

Last edited by Alex3dss,

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
So recovery mode probably changed too
\\then dont put recovery mode in a update/downgrade pack

EDIT:
It should work actually.
Nintendo's meaning of the recovery mode:
If you get a wrong or corrupt update package you should be able to restore it.

The CIA files contain necessary system files to boot the console. Because the OP installed O3DS CIA's. The recovery will be unable to restore the system due to incorrect system files. The only way to recover would be to hard mod and write the original nand back. But without a nand backup. The console is as good as a brick. Why not electronically damaged. The nand image is completely wrong. Warranty repair or return would be the only way out of this.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install the wrong cias would cause an hard brick in both systems anyway, right?
Yeah I did this with my N3DS using O3DS files before mentioning to make sure you have the right files was common (hell, at that point I think there might have been only one or two guides anyway). OP might as well get a used N3DS XL. A local used game store where I live sells them for $150 or $160.

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
It's reverse. He installed N3DS cias in O3DS.

Install the wrong cias would cause an hard brick in both systems anyway, right?

Sorry about your loss OP. :(

My bad. Yeah that is correct. I installed what I thought was N3DS 9.2 FW. Turns out it was for O3DS. I verified the MD5 so don't know what happened. Luckily, I already had 4 nand backups from a hard mod pre downgrading.

The above is the reason why I always recommend hard molding to read your nand before downgrading. Anything can go wrong during the downgrade. Having a backup will save your behind.

Last edited by dg_dex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU