Hacking I have the latest wii u sdk! Any questions or things I should try?

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Screencapping Nintendo's dev tools is breaking the NDA. Looks like you were smart enough to use a different username on the official dev site though.

Edit: So is disclosing the price of the development hardware.
Yeah... the tools also have individual hashes for each person so... IDK if I wanna get sued... nah.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
$4k for the Wii U Dev Kit? That seems overpriced for a console that has such a short amount of games worth to play and support. :-S
Dev kits are always in that price range. Typically you're paying for more than the hardware, you're also paying for the accompanying software and support. I guess NIntendo are making the software more accessible to attract more independent developers.
EDIT: And is that the standard SDK you're showing? The application page linked only gives Unity and Web Framework as options, and specifically mentions applying via Wario World for the standard one.

Last edited by Vappy,
Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not understand the point of this thread.
I guess congratulations are in order for being behind official devs by about 4 or more months and the rest of the public by about 3 months.
"Wii U Cafe SDK v2.12.13"

And as far as price of dev kits, Nintendo doesn't want price public so they can steeply "discount" without having to rebate to everyone.

loco365

Trophies
XP
i don't believe you post the receipt :creep:
I think some prices were leaked a while back online, and they probably haven't changed. I think it was 3dsguy that posted the panda 3DS unit prices, and I'd have to look around but I think the Wii U devkit prices do exist somewhere online.

loco365

Trophies
XP
hahahahaha don't you get it?
HKe0ePB.jpg

nope

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
$4k for the Wii U Dev Kit? That seems overpriced for a console that has such a short amount of games worth to play and support. :-S
That's exactly what I was thinking. Holy crap, no wonder they have bad third party support. I hope that OP actually IS a dev and didn't just want to grab the sdk.

At any rate... Someone really should ask him what to do with it. :)

Reactions: OctopusRift

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what I was thinking. Holy crap, no wonder they have bad third party support. I hope that OP actually IS a dev and didn't just want to grab the sdk.

At any rate... Someone really should ask him what to do with it. :)
I do't think 4k is stopping any REAL third party support. 4k is petty change to a multi-million dollar company when it means they can sell stuff to several million more people. And if @Vappy is to be believed, almost all dev units are around that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: