Hacking I have some questions and need answers

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can any ps3 be soft modded and if not , which model number or whatever should I look for ?
I am assuming I can run my back ups from a hard drive , my question is , can I run blu-ray 3d back ups from the hard drive as well ?
Running blu-ray back ups in 3D is important to me , so please help if you can. I can't do that than buying a ps3 is pointless

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need firmware 3.55 on your ps3. i dont know about the backups, and for the record, im sure all of this couldve been found out if you looked it up lol

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question to add on to his what is QA flagging? Seems to be news on ps3 sites. I'm sure it's important to softmodding your ps3 :)

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question to add on to his what is QA flagging? Seems to be news on ps3 sites. I'm sure it's important to softmodding your ps3 :)
http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/06/qa-flag-button-combination-sequence-released/
Thats what I found on a google search. For QA Flagging.
I havent had a ps since ps 1 ..... I only trust the info from this community , that is why I am asking, I want someone to hold my hand here , becasue I do not own a ps3 right now , but if it can do what I want it to do , I will pick one up tomorrw. Mainly , I just want it to play movies in 3D through back up , and play all the movies that are currently backed up on my network . I dont need it to go online.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I think you will need to look into showtime or google what firmware allows the playback of 3D blueray if I'm not mistaken you have to be on a certain firmware to allow that other then that if there is custom fw for it should be alright unless showtime supports it.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3D blueray playback was implemented in firmware 3.50.

As for QA flagging; it is something you would need to downgrade a console . Note that it does not work on firmware above 3.55...

@OP 3D backup can only be done by ripping into a mkv---transfering on internal hard drive---- playing with showtime

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A Hacked PS3 can play backup Blu-Ray movie, but it requires to be decrypted/decoded first.
You don't need to convert it to mkv.

The PS3 homebrew (game Managers, like multiMAN) can dump a bluray disc to HDD, but you will need to use your computer to decode it before being able to play it on your PS3 in an extracted format (folder and files).

I don't remember if it can read ISO of Blu-ray dump.
Some dongle can do that (Cobra dongle).

Sorry, the information I have are not very accurate, I didn't check the advancement of multiMAN this past months (and forgot few things).
And I don't have any Bluray (movie) disc to try it myself.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, I know, and I feel sorry for Dean and all the users that I still haven't complete it :(
I lack a little motivation and time to complete it (and all the pictures are not shown anymore due to the forum bug).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night