Hacking I have an idea (maybe)

gpaxton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to homebrew and stuff, I've only started recently. It may be 2016 but i wanted to play some old gamecube games so I did. But that's not what this post is for. I just have question for those who are more skilled with computers and software.

I was wondering if it is possible to connect my PC to my Wii and somehow configure it to where I would be able to load .iso files from my PC onto said Wii. I don't know how this would be accomplished but I have a few ideas with my basic knowledge.

1) USB Loaders on homebrew such as USB Loader GX have the functionality to set custom paths in order to locate game backups. So could I just do the same but the path would go through my C:/ Drive?
2) There are third party applications that allow you to split drives into partitions and new drives and format them. Would it be possible for one of these drives to be "disguised" as a removable disk but be located on the PC's hard drive? More so would the drive be accessible by the Wii through a USB cable?

Thank you for any answers, positive or negative.

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to homebrew and stuff, I've only started recently. It may be 2016 but i wanted to play some old gamecube games so I did. But that's not what this post is for. I just have question for those who are more skilled with computers and software.

I was wondering if it is possible to connect my PC to my Wii and somehow configure it to where I would be able to load .iso files from my PC onto said Wii. I don't know how this would be accomplished but I have a few ideas with my basic knowledge.

1) USB Loaders on homebrew such as USB Loader GX have the functionality to set custom paths in order to locate game backups. So could I just do the same but the path would go through my C:/ Drive?
2) There are third party applications that allow you to split drives into partitions and new drives and format them. Would it be possible for one of these drives to be "disguised" as a removable disk but be located on the PC's hard drive? More so would the drive be accessible by the Wii through a USB cable?

Thank you for any answers, positive or negative.
You would need a network adapter such as the BBA for the gamecube

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Based on my knowledge, just buy an external USB drive or a large SD card.

Any method I can think of either has issues or would be too complicated to be worth it, assuming such methods don't exist already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.