I have a PSP, it's "hacked", but i'm sooo confused

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Corrosive, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Corrosive
    OP

Corrosive Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    Ok, I just bought a PSP 3000 and it came with 6.60 OFW pre-installed. I followed Rydian's instructions and I now have a "hacked" psp, but the thing is I only ran the Firmware uploader, and then I've been running the Fast Recovery after I turn my PSP back on.

Well today, just now, I checked the System Info after I booted up my PSP and did NOTHING else, and it still says System Software: 6.60 PRO-B9. Does this mean my system is perma hacked? I haven't tried booting an iso up right after startup as I'm afraid of any little discrepancy bricking my brand new system, so I'm not sure if I MUST run the Fast Recovery, but I do remember I did NOT run the CIPL flasher or whatever it's called when I ran the update, so I'm a bit confused as to why it may be "perma hacked". This thing is brand new, btw.

2. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    Are you sure that it wasnt in sleep mode when you started it?

3. Corrosive
    OP

Corrosive Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    I'm almost positive =/ To be clear, I hold the power switch up until all the lights go out, but how do I "power off"?

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    You have to hold it a long time. A better way is to press select and turn it off from the VSH menu.

5. Corrosive
    OP

Corrosive Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2012
    United States
    Gulf Coast, Texas
    Aww, yes, that did the trick. My psp reverted back to normal ol' 6.60.

Thank you very much.

*Mod can close the thread if they wish*