Hacking I have a PSP Go w/ firmware 6.30, what are my options?

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP Go with firmware 6.30. What are my options for installing custom firmware?

I love the GO. I'm surprised more people don't like it. I would like to run some emulators and ISOs. Running ISOs is mainly because the system has terrible batterly life and I need to do anything I can to extend it. I have all 3 previous versions of the PSP and over 100 games. So I can rip my own ISOs no problem.

Please point me in the right direct. Thanks in advance for your help.
yaypsp.gif

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
update to official firmware 6.35 and get the 6.35 pro-b5 cfw

btw: why should isos use less battery power than normal games on a psp go?

jerome27

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ut2k4master said:
update to official firmware 6.35 and get the 6.35 pro-b5 cfw

btw: why should isos use less battery power than normal games on a psp go?

Apparently I was having a brief lapse of retardation when I posted this topic. I also have a PSP 3000 that I would like to hack. I've heard the process was the same for the PSP Go and the 3000. I was getting the two confused.

I don't really follow the scene as much as I should. I did my own firmware downgrade on my PSP 1000. That was easy. Downgrading the later systems feels a little more complicated, and more risky. I wouldn't do anything to screw with my precious PSP. Its the most used gaming device I have ever owned. I just don't use the PSP Go as much as I would like. I really need to blast the dust of this thing because its honestly one of the greatest portables ever made. (*Unless you like Monster Hunter.)

What is the easiest and quickest way to get my system running homebrew and ISOs? And will I be able to transfer the ISOs and memory files from my other system? I thought I heard game saves were universal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rydian, I hope you know that when 6.20 was never on the psp, the psp will brick. So if he bought it with Firmware 6.30 and youre telling him to downgrade, you will brick his psp xD Just sayin
tongue.gif

edit: oh ok, I read that the downgrader doesnt start if it detects an uncompatible psp
biggrin.gif
some kind of safety stop
biggrin.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Rydian, I hope you know that when 6.20 was never on the psp, the psp will brick. So if he bought it with Firmware 6.30 and youre telling him to downgrade, you will brick his psp xD Just sayin
tongue.gif

edit: oh ok, I read that the downgrader doesnt start if it detects an uncompatible psp
biggrin.gif
some kind of safety stop
biggrin.gif

Not only that, but ALL PSP GOS WERE UNDER ONE PRODUCTION RUN.

Meaning they are all, in every way, they same hardware and software.

If you get one, it CAN be downgraded to 6.20 if you can run the downgrader.

At least until further notice (LOL WE MAKIN THE GO AGAIN 2012).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
flo said:
So all Go's with 6.35 can be downgraded to 6.20 , period ?
Seems like it, but I kept my Go on 6.35 and just installed PRO-B on that. I've heard rumors that there is a slight risk of bricking your PSP if you make 6.20 PRO permanent.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
flo said:
But can't you do a perma patch on all PSP's that are on 6.20 ?
Or some have bad mb although a good fw ?
The ones that currently have perma patches are 6.20 TN-D, 6.20 PRO-B4 and 6.20 PRO-B5.
I think Total_Noob bricked his psp in an attempt to perma patch 6.20 TN-E, so there's none for 6.20 TN-E.

Stick with 6.20 PRO-B5 if you want perma patch. Theres password protection and a recovery menu functions under settings on the XMB in 6.20 TN-E.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
QUOTE said:
Some later 3000 models have a motherboard that can't have 6.20 because they came with something later

Those would be identified as 5G ?

QUOTEYou can't downgrade a PSP past what it came with.

If it is currently on 6.20 you can apply the PRO-B permanent patch on all , A to Z ?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
flo said:
QUOTE said:
Some later 3000 models have a motherboard that can't have 6.20 because they came with something laterThose would be identified as 5G ?No, they'd be 09G.

flo said:
You can't downgrade a PSP past what it came with.
If it is currently on 6.20 you can apply the PRO-B permanent patch on all , A to Z ?
It should be like that, but just in case it's not the patch offers to test first.

After all, Sony doesn't tell us about their new motherboard revisions, we have to find them out when people start getting them.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Palom said:
Rydian said:
people have yet to report a Go that comes with later than 5.70.
Until today. I got one today, and it was 6.20.

I don't believe it unless solid proof is shown. That means within the last week or two, they have made another batch. That conflicts with the previous announcement that they are not making any more...

Either way, that's great. it means the newest shipment is STILL hackable. Stupid though, yet another reason I don't believe you is because if they are taking the time to make another batch wouldn't they make it a later OFW?

Or did you buy it used or off Ebay? Refurbished? THAT would explain it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night