Hacking I have a bricked R4i 3DS gold, can I unbrick it with a R4 3DS gold pro?

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, it bricked during an update, I do not have a any other DS, when I insert it into the 3DS it gives me the same message that one gets when the 3DS has been updated and the card is blocked.

I have tried running the r4ids patch from the gold pro and it read the bricked card with a "fail". When I use the r4ids kernel and patch on the gold pro, it detects that it is not the correct card and will not let me patch the bricked card.

Is there any other way? I CAN put the gold pro firmware on the bricked card, but it wont run. (Nothing to lose so gave it a try.) I just want the card as a backup.

Also, is it possible that the gold pro has better graphics than the 3ds gold? Seems to be a lot cleaner and more crisp.

Thanks for any help
~SweetieBelle

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the card is not BRICKED, its just blocked, if it was bricked you wouldnt get the error message because the card is not detected

you cannot unblock on a 3DS because the console doesnt allow card swapping when the console is loading game software

to unblock your card i would say borrow a friends 3DS with a compatible lower firmware
or borrow a DS Phat or Lite and undate the card on that as the card cannot be blocked on a DS Phat or Lite

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't be blocked, as my net is off and I didn't run any 3DS games other than what I already have. Mmh.

The card swap worked for the above flash of the apparently compatible firmware (which did flash, but didnt work on my 3ds), which might be a previous version, I couldn't find the new version. (Site was 404'ing)

Ill send it back and have the store do it, cheaper than buying an old ds.

Thanks.

om369

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my r4 flashcard does not show up when I put it in my ds. Does this mean it is bricked? I accidently turned it off when it was updating can anbody help out there solve this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1