Gaming I hate that donkey kong 64 isn't in full screen!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reminds me that when people on 3DS were fooling around with the Nintendo VC releases they just change a single value and it gets you fullscreen
Exactly.
It would take Nintendo but one simple line of code in the VC to make it full screen, yet they don't.
That's why I am looking towards the Wii u Hacking scene, hopefully VC titles can be handled in full screen with a proper hack. :P

Reactions: Margen67

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Just so y'all know, all the other Virtual Console platforms on Wii U look fine on a 4:3 CRT. I have a bunch of SNES and GBA VC games, and they look great when I tried them on my CRT. N64 VC games are the only ones that force those nasty borders as far as I know.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of those things that makes me really question who is in charge of this stuff at nintendo. They do so many things so well, and so many other things so wrong it hurts. Like look at the DS games on Wii U, pretty sweet with lots of options and you didnt have to pay an arm and a leg to get your hands on them.

Splatoon, no voice chat. wut.

Come on nintendo, hire someone who can handle some of these obvious problems.
Please understand.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I always thought the tube TV's went out in the 1990's. You have a WiiU but a TubeTV :wacko: my first port of call would of been buying a HDTV first then the WiiU!

Reactions: Margen67

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
^Yeah, CRTs are getting quite obscure nowadays.
Like it or not, they are becoming obsolete now.

So Nintendo really has no excuse.
Fuck nostalgic feeling with your letterbox image output, I want full screen NAWWWZZZZ!1!11!!1!

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way I just wanted to mention I bought Super Mario 64 and its a full screen on mine also on the gamepad.:- Not Sure Yet, I will find out later!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I will get one. Hold on. I will get one promise, I'm not faking it just a little busy with work. I will upload it on this comment, I don't want anyone thinking I'm a liar! :P
When did you buy SM64?
I find it odd that the Gamepad is giving you a full screen image, since mine doesn't.

I think posting your Wii U Settings for Video would be great too, just to be sure.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
When did you buy SM64?
I find it odd that the Gamepad is giving you a full screen image, since mine doesn't.

I think posting your Wii U Settings for Video would be great too, just to be sure.

At the weekend. Tbh I'm not sure about the gamepad but the TV certainly did, I played it on the TV not the gamepad.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always thought the tube TV's went out in the 1990's.

You always thought wrong, then. Tube TV's were still being made at least until the middle of the 2000's. And not everyone upgrades their TV just because newer TV's are out, some people wait until their old one breaks.

Reactions: chartube12

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
You always thought wrong, then. Tube TV's were still being made at least until the middle of the 2000's. And not everyone upgrades their TV just because newer TV's are out, some people wait until their old one breaks.

Yeah agreed, I may have done the same in the past but come on man... where now in 2015 for god sake!, a 42inch HDTV can now be picked up for £130.00 even at supermarkets like Morrison's or even less maybe if you shop around, there is no excuse nowadays to have a tubetv on the go with your WiiU etc..!

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Really? are we complaining about N64 games running at their original aspect ratio now?
It's not that.

Some N64 games had the support for 16:9 Widescreen support, Nintendo is just fucking us up and standardizing the whole thing with their original aspect ratio.
A Full Screen/Stretch option would suffice.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not that.

Some N64 games had the support for 16:9 Widescreen support, Nintendo is just fucking us up and standardizing the whole thing with their original aspect ratio.
A Full Screen/Stretch option would suffice.

i think you don't get why some games had that option to begin with. 16:9 support doesn't magically make a game full screen.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
DK64 on an orginal N64 actually had a widescreen option-- so if you hooked a real N64 up to a 16:9 TV and enabled the option, it would output a 4:3 image with squished widescreen graphics and rely on the TV to stretch them out so it looked much better and without black bars. The problem is, the squished graphics aren't being stretched back out like the TV would do because that would be the Wii U's job (since the Wii U is the middleman), and some guys over at Big N thought it would be cool to just accept the 4:3 image from the emulator and stick that on a widescreen TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person