Hacking I got cfw what do i do to not get rid of it

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What CFW do you have installed? Did you follow 3ds.guide?

If you have Boot9Strap installed, it's pretty much impossible for you to accidentally lose it. If you want to be extra safe wait before accepting any system updates. Generally an update isn't going to break B9S, but it's possible (though unlikely) for it to break whatever CFW you're using, or maybe something else you might use like NTR or cheats (I never upgraded past 11.2 because I like to use CTR-HTTPWN).

A9LH is pretty safe and hard to accidentally wipe out too, but I'd highly recommend upgrading to B9S if you haven't already.

If you're using something old, like Menuhax, you really should upgrade by now. Newer hax are more stable and boot quicker, there's really no downside.

Finally, if you really do bork everything up, NTRBootHax cannot be patched. The only way Nintendo could patch NTRBootHax would be to release another "new" 3DS, with different hardware. But all of the currently released 3DS units will always be hackable. So if you REALLY mess up, at the very worst you might have to pay for a flashcart to fix it.

Last edited by RHOPKINS13,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What CFW do you have installed? Did you follow 3ds.guide?

If you have Boot9Strap installed, it's pretty much impossible for you to accidentally lose it. If you want to be extra safe wait before accepting any system updates. Generally an update isn't going to break B9S, but it's possible (though unlikely) for it to break whatever CFW you're using, or maybe something else you might use like NTR or cheats (I never upgraded past 11.2 because I like to use .

A9LH is pretty safe and hard to accidentally wipe out too, but I'd highly recommend upgrading to B9S if you haven't already.

If you're using something old, like Menuhax, you really should upgrade by now. Newer hax are more stable and boot quicker, there's really no downside.

Finally, if you really do bork everything up, NTRBootHax cannot be patched. The only way Nintendo could patch NTRBootHax would be to release another "new" 3DS, with different hardware. But all of the currently released 3DS units will always be hackable. So if you REALLY mess up, at the very worst you might have to pay for a flashcart to fix it.
Ntr cfw works on 11.6

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it didn't, but who's to say it will work in 11.7? It's usual for some devs to need to take a day or two to upgrade their code after a 3DS update comes out.

Well considering ntrboothax runs before the bootcode. No amount of software updates will patch it unless they revise the hardware, which I doubt they will at this point. Not saying they can't patch luma or b9s, but at least we have a permanent access point.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well considering ntrboothax runs before the bootcode. No amount of software updates will patch it unless they revise the hardware, which I doubt they will at this point. Not saying they can't patch luma or b9s, but at least we have a permanent access point.

In that particular post I wasn't talking about ntrboothax, I was talking about NTR CFW, which some people use for cheats, real-time saves, and live streaming. Updates have broken it in the past, but it's usually patched soon.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you do don't run a CFW without native firm protection. (Gateway is one such CFW.) As of 11.3 the system attempts to restore stock native firm on boot. This will remove the B9S exploit/A9LH (outdated but installed to native firm like B9S) native firm protection feature prevents the system from being able to write to native firm so the hack can't be overwritten once the CFW starts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good