Hacking I don't think either dios mios or devolution will work on Wii U.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Your speculation is pointless. Devolution already works on the WiiU. There are only 2 issues. First off all, controllers. tueidj has already said he planned on supporting Wiimotes, we just have to wait for it to happen. Secondly, the disc verification. This is an artificial limitation to block piracy. tueidj likely won't remove that restriction without coming up with a new system of some kind, but that doesn't change the fact that Devolution works on the WiiU. This is not a matter of speculation, it is a fact.

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so you think sooner or later we will be able to play gamecube games with wiimote or wiicontroller on the wiiU?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj has shown that he is interested in both the WiiU and continuing work on Devolution. That would lead me to believe that we'll see Wiimote support eventually, but it's entirely up to tueidj. The more difficult hurdle is the fact that he has always been staunchly anti-piracy, and is unlikely to publically release an update allowing games to be run on the WiiU until he has implemented a new method for authenticating the original games in a way that satisfies his wishes to avoid promoting or aiding piracy. Regardless of how you feel about the anti-piracy measures, there is little that can be done about them, and the fact that Devolution works as well as it does is reason enough for me to be willing to support the precautions taken to maintain legality in what is otherwse a very gray area. My point was that tueidj has already shown a proof-of-concept that Devolution runs on the WiiU. It obviously required some modifications for the same reasons that d2x required updates to run on the vWii (changes to the IOSes), but he's already figured it out and gotten it working, so despite needing more work to add Wiimote support, saying "It won't work" is just ignorant.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj has shown that he is interested in both the WiiU and continuing work on Devolution. That would lead me to believe that we'll see Wiimote support eventually, but it's entirely up to tueidj. The more difficult hurdle is the fact that he has always been staunchly anti-piracy, and is unlikely to publically release an update allowing games to be run on the WiiU until he has implemented a new method for authenticating the original games in a way that satisfies his wishes to avoid promoting or aiding piracy. Regardless of how you feel about the anti-piracy measures, there is little that can be done about them, and the fact that Devolution works as well as it does is reason enough for me to be willing to support the precautions taken to maintain legality in what is otherwse a very gray area. My point was that tueidj has already shown a proof-of-concept that Devolution runs on the WiiU. It obviously required some modifications for the same reasons that d2x required updates to run on the vWii (changes to the IOSes), but he's already figured it out and gotten it working, so despite needing more work to add Wiimote support, saying "It won't work" is just ignorant.
most of the discussion in this thread was before the WiiU was even released so I don't think you can call them "ignorant"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all