Hacking I don't know if this is good or not but

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know the geohot rap? Well, if you download the mp3 and right click on it, go into properties and then details, if you look in comments you see a key.

Does anyone know what key this is, or rather what this is?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qualifier to your statement... They have all of the keys EXCEPT the private key. The private key is what allows them to sign a package so that it appears to be legit sony made file (and what allowed people to install a custom firmware on 3.55)

Thus there is no current way to install on 3.56... and there won't be till someone can find an exploit that will allow them to get into kernel mode (very slim chance).

You're better off waiting till the mod chip scene catches up... Because the chain of trust is broken, all current consoles are 100% hardware hackable and always will be.

As for custom 3.56 firmwares, they already exist and anyone with any experience could make and release one... There just currently isn't any need to release a custom 3.56 because hackers can already do everything they want to do on 3.55...

Short and stupid version:
If you're on 3.56 you're screwed... period... at least till someone makes a hardware workaround (akin to the Wii infectous chip)
If you're on 3.55 there is zero reason to even want a custom 3.56 currently and thus the developers aren't going to release one.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to get excited about
frown.gif

Somebody posted this on geohot's blog:
http://forums.ilounge.com/digital-audio-fo...on-problem.html

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Qualifier to your statement... They have all of the keys EXCEPT the private key.
Umm they have the private key(thats why the ps3 scene is what it is right now,it also makes it easier for them to get the rest of the keys).

Go search it up
tongue.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
What makes the PS3 scene what is is now, is that they have the keys for 3.55 and below. 3.56 introduces an entirely new set of keys, and a whitelist for all games to date that are allowed to run using the old keys.

I didn't know that the new private key was still unknown, although I've had a very quick search and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Either way, it doesn't matter - I'm happy on 3.55, as are most people.

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Currently there is no need for a CFW based on 3.56. All games are running fine, they are just starting to add new features like ntfs support and a new OFW is already on the way...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats until new games with the new key come out and require the newest firmware, its pretty much over then

to put it into retrospective, its back to stage one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm