Hacking I can't make any sense of what DS Flash cart to purchase

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get help on which flash cart to purchase if I post my console details? I searched various websites and read a few threads, but I'm confused by all of the technical details of the carts. Some say "SDHC", "Dual-Core", "RTS", "Silver", "Gold". Some are $9.99, and some cost up to $16.00. Also, I read somewhere that DS flashcarts have trouble fitting into the slot of an XL console. I really just want to play DS games without any trouble.

Nintendo New 3DS XL Aureinand 10.7.0-32 U + A9LH

Reactions: pedroren

munchluxe63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
For what it's worth, my "Wood R4i Gold 3DS" works fine, although I would not recommend it as it is of extremely poor build quality and is hard to insert on new3ds consoles for some reason. Just buy whatever works and isn't like what I've just described.

Anyway, here's a breakdown of some the features you mention:
SDHC: Supports high-capacity microsd cards (greater than 2GB), which is typical
RTS: Supports real-time save-states
Dual-Core: Contains an extra processor for emulation. If you already have the homebrew menu, this shouldn't really matter.
Silver/Gold: I have no idea

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supercard dstwo

if you can find one although due to the cpu they added it does have trouble ejecting out of my o3dsxl and I can't get it to fit inside my New3dsxl. and sometimes it gives me the "no find SD card" but take sd out re-insert usually fixes this
(I have the old model with the screw located on the back) it's a little more costly than others. and it's not blocked by nintendo my buddy has the newest model (one without the screw) and he updated his 3ds to newest firm and it works.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The r4ids.cn R4i Gold is one of the best DS carts on the market, you can buy it from GBAtemp's sponor: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
For what it's worth, my "Wood R4i Gold 3DS" works fine, although I would not recommend it as it is of extremely poor build quality and is hard to insert on new3ds consoles for some reason. Just buy whatever works and isn't like what I've just described.

Anyway, here's a breakdown of some the features you mention:
SDHC: Supports high-capacity microsd cards (greater than 2GB), which is typical
RTS: Supports real-time save-states
Dual-Core: Contains an extra processor for emulation. If you already have the homebrew menu, this shouldn't really matter.
Silver/Gold: I have no idea
"Dual-Core" doesn't actually mean it has an extra CPU for emulation, the carts just like to use that in their name for some reason.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a r4i gold card off of eBay from a guy that lives right down the road from me. Mine works great: I've been playing super Mario 64 ds on it and I haven't had a problem. I would highly recommend it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The r4ids.cn card is the best on the market at this point, in my opinion - the other Gold/Silver/RTS/Snoopy/2016/dual-core/etc editions don't run Wood.
How can you say that? DSTwo will always be the best card. Maybe not the best value for money but definitely the best card :-p

Reactions: Ricken and cvskid

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: codeluca

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty spend a little more and buy a DStwo or plus, Its pretty much a CFW DSi in itself, and playing emulators is 10x better because of the built in CPU.

Who would pay $89.50 for an extended battery? That's a ridiculous price. You're better off purchasing extra batteries for your console. They only cost $6.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111627806687?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Because its 3.5 times bigger then a regular 3ds battery, and you dont have to pack around 3 different batteries or a charging solution.....

Last edited by DHall243,
Reactions: Ricken and cvskid

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty spend a little more and buy a DStwo or plus, Its pretty much a CFW DSi in itself, and playing emulators is 10x better because of the built in CPU.

Because its 3.5 times bigger then a regular 3ds battery, and you dont have to pack around 3 different batteries or a charging solution.....

I think I'd rather purchase a new 2DS, or a used 3DS. Or just purchase 3 batteries at $18.00 and pocket $70.00, or purchase 3 batteries at $18.00 and use the extra $70.00 and put in an extra $20.00 and then purchase a new 2DS. $89.50 is ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real