Hacking I can install IOS in vWii! But...

MrVestek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The worst thing they can do is send it back to me unrepaired which I'm fine with to be honest as it still works fine in WiiU mode.

nitrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW I got d2x fully working on vWii.
Thanks to damysteryman for all the tests because I was completly blind without having any WiiU in my hands.

Please share your findings - which version of d2x did you use? What are the steps in order to install d2x? Maybe you could create a separate thread?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The worst thing they can do is send it back to me unrepaired which I'm fine with to be honest as it still works fine in WiiU mode.
You installed a wii ios80 didn't you? oops. I wonder if future wiiU updates could update vwii and fix this. Nothing you could do about now, I doubt.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is if they do a Wii Menu update at anytime, it will fix the Wii System Menu by Overwriting ios80 with vios80 or a newer System Menu that does not use 80. my guess is the later as they will probably want to patch the system menu to delete and prevent copying of exploited save files to the Wii System Memory. or at worst, the update fails to upgrade the Wii U itself and errors out since it cannot update WiiMode Properly. which means no more MiiVerse/Shop and Online stuff.

In terms of a program to detect modifications done to WiiMode, my guess is they would need to have adapted the Wii program run correctly in WiiMode or made a new one that detects mods to both Wii U and WiiMode.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Makes me wonder... maybe if MrVestek just tries to update Wii U? maybe it will detect that the IOS on vWii are lower version, and then update them to current version?
However, if the version number of the broken IOS had been modified to be maxed out or something then that would screw everything up.

@MrVestek, what exactly is this batch installer for cios 22 thingy that you speak of?
What EXACTLY did you try to do? Just curious, if they are not too messed up, then MAYBE trying a Wii U system update could work....

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wonder... maybe if MrVestek just tries to update Wii U? maybe it will detect that the IOS on vWii are lower version, and then update them to current version?
However, if the version number of the broken IOS had been modified to be maxed out or something then that would screw everything up.

@MrVestek, what exactly is this batch installer for cios 22 thingy that you speak of?
What EXACTLY did you try to do? Just curious, if they are not too messed up, then MAYBE trying a Wii U system update could work....

He would need to wait for a Newer System Update to come out and hope it applies correctly when he updates. there is no way to force a update as far as i knew.
also, i am Interested to know what exactly he did also so it can be listed on a "what what not to do to avoid bricking WiiMode" kind of thread.

It would Suck badly if the next update fails to Update the Wii U at all because of WiiMode being messed up.

the good thing is that another Wii U update *should* be around the corner to enable TVii features so we shall find out how his Wii U handles the update sooner rather then later. of course that update could be a double-edged sword also and remove Cios236 and the Homebrew Channel also.

I am really Interested in how Nintendo will react to his WiiMode being modified and what they do about it when the go to repair it.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah, what I meant, was since Wii IOS are lower version than the vWii IOS from initial update, that the update mechanism would detect that they are not up to date, and therefore try to update them with the ones from the initial update.
Yeah, the main reason I want to know is to see if whatever he used messed with the version number of the Wii IOS he installed. If they did not, then he MIGHT have a chance.

And yeah, that definitely would, but it would make more sense for Nintendo to update over it all.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, what I meant, was since Wii IOS are lower version than the vWii IOS from initial update, that the update mechanism would detect that they are not up to date, and therefore try to update them with the ones from the initial update.
Yeah, the main reason I want to know is to see if whatever he used messed with the version number of the Wii IOS he installed. If they did not, then he MIGHT have a chance.

And yeah, that definitely would, but it would make more sense for Nintendo to update over it all.

if what he used did max out the IOS version number then he would be SOL unless Nintendo updates the System Menu to patch copying exploits and changes the IOS to something other then 80 in the process.

Or if they Repair his Wii U and fix WiiMode rather then sending it back.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, that is exactly what I am thinking, hopefully that is not what he had done.

Haha, last resort if update fails, only one way to find out.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is exactly what I am thinking, hopefully that is not what he had done.

Haha, last resort if update fails, only one way to find out.

I am assuming your referring to if he sent it in or not, It sounds like he has/or is about to according to post #'s 160 and 166.

We will see once he gets it back what Nintendo did/or did not do to it when he posts back later this or next week.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@damysteryman:
at least when i jumped the gun on using your IOS236 Installer, i knew the risk of bricking from misusing FSToolbox and double checked that I used those programs properly and knew that IOS236 was not a critical IOS that would brick the SM if it got messed up and to not touch any critical and SM related IOS's at all.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was referring to whether or not what he did maxed out the IOS versions.
Yeah, we will see.

Yeah exactly, looks like he failed to read up first before installing stuff.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rapper_skull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the person who bricked vWii, this can seem oblivious, but have you tried to remove the AC adapter for 10 minutes, and after reconnect it?

MrVestek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the person who bricked vWii, this can seem oblivious, but have you tried to remove the AC adapter for 10 minutes, and after reconnect it?
Yeah tried that and it hasn't worked. Also for those of you wondering I used the yawmm installer. I was told by an older guide that this was just for installing ios 222 and 223 for USB support but before I realised what was happening it updated a bunch of other iOS including iOS 80 as far as I'm aware.

I've ordered the shipping labels for repair but I won't be sending it off for a while as there are a few games I want to purchase for myself over the Christmas period like ZombiU and Sonic All Stars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water