I Am Setsuna debut gameplay trailer unveiled

I AM SETSUNA tells the sorrowful story of Setsuna; a young woman of incredible inner strength and the sacrifice she must undertake to save the people of her land. As Setsuna leaves with her two safeguards for the farthest land, players will be immersed in an emotional and unforgettable story of true bravery.

The debut title from the all-new studio Tokyo RPG Factory tells the sorrowful and unforgettable story of Setsuna, a young woman of incredible inner strength, as she ventures on a journey with her two safeguards to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the people of her land. The new gameplay trailer introduces viewers to the title’s beautiful art, music, story and game design, and showcases the CHRONO TRIGGER inspired battle system in more depth.

I AM SETSUNA will be available digitally in Europe and PAL territories on 19th July 2016 on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Steam, priced at £29.99 / €39.99.

:arrow:I Am Setsuna Official Site

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A battle system similar to that of Chrono Trigger's? I'm in!

Here's to hoping FE Fanboys don't storm in this thread!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame it's not getting a Vita release in the west, though.
d7dab8c067.png

...welp, looks like no vita version.

Reactions: Pluupy

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sorrowful story of Setsuna; a young woman of incredible inner strength and the sacrifice she must undertake to save the people of her land. As Setsuna leaves with her two safeguards for the farthest land, players will be immersed in an emotional and unforgettable story of true bravery.

The island had a custom

To maintain peace, once a decade, a sacrifice was offered to a fiend on the island. However, one year, the fiend grew violent before the next sacrifice was due. Those living on the island were afraid and tried to calm the fiend by offering a sacrifice; Setsuna, chosen because of her powers of enchantment. Setsuna must leave with her safeguards for the farthest land, where the ceremony of sacrifice will be held.

Jesus christ could that story be any more generic? Young girl who must sacrifice herself and travels to the boondocks because something-something religion or whatever. Just goes to show this game has nothing unique going for it. Anyone looking for this kind of plot would easily have a much better time with Tales of Symphonia (GC, PS2, PS3, PC) or Final Fantasy X (PS2, PS3, PS4, PC). Hell even Jigoku Shoujo (anime) and Okami (Wii, PS2, PS3) did this plot better.

PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Steam,
...wait what?

The game looks like it's for mobile devices. It even has the characteristic chibi characters and gigantic selection buttons so many of Square-Enix's mobile games have. This is seriously for PS4 and PC?

Last edited by Pluupy,

Trophies
XP
Country
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!

Don't buy mobile/handheld game for PC/PS4 for full RPP.

Square is trying to trick you with emotional music, don't buy this shit, just pirate it please

Last edited by Online,
Reactions: romeoondaline

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Crono Trigger without the Toriyama artwork.

I don't know about this, it doesn't have sprite art either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.