Hardware I am not making the same mistake I made with the Wii U.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if it updates in when not in use :ph34r:

Hopefully we can use the console without internet. Although if we can buy the console on release date the chance of a update to patch hacks is slim. I am just telling this too people who are gonna buy this maybe a month or two after release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys its Nintendo known for the biggest console screw ups after 2006. Especially patching exploits. The only respect I have for Nintendo consoles is that I don't ruin the online community by hacking. Same with Sony.

Reactions: Aerocool

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If we need to update then we will. I am not taking the risk and I am informing other people about the same thing.
What if a hack is introduced on a higher version, but the latest is patched and your only update choice is latest ;)
In all seriousness, not updating is the best choice but either way there is a chance for it to backfire.

Reactions: Aerocool

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What if a hack is introduced on a higher version, but the latest is patched and your only update choice is latest ;)
In all seriousness, not updating is the best choice but either way there is a chance for it to backfire.

Here's hoping they handle it like cartridge updates, or sony that let's you do offline updates.
Internet in my country is ass, i heavily dislike the idea of having to rely on my sloooooooow internet just to enjoy my hobby. B|

New_Newbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tubehax DNS! Maybe they'll pull something like "By checking this agreement, you give Nintendo permission to update your console when a new stability update is released for maximum performance and security."

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm updating my Switch, let's be honest it's going to take so long for an exploit to come around that the burden caused by not updating won't be worth it.

Pretty much this. After the recent blow-out that is the 3DS (I say recent, but I mean anything A9LH and Freeshop/titlekey stuff) I don't see them leaving much of an opening. Heck, even the Wii U isn't fully hacked yet (have to re-install every boot). I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'm going to enjoy my system as much as possible. Heck, with it using cartridges we may be lucky enough to get an R4 type deal at some point.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
>inb4 we get nintendo switch kernel exploits til 5 years later

But yeah ; I hope for the time i buy the Switch no kernel exploit is announced

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be a long time to not update, and willing to bet there be force update on the game carts.
I remember most systems and it seems like there normally 4 or 5 updates before someone talks about the system being hackable.
Most people while play there new games so they update.

But we will see how this goes and how while nintendo online will do. They really been lacking in that for ever.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you never update it than you won't be playing any actual games on it for a long time because like the wiiu the games are going to make you update. and look how long it too the wiiu to finally get a usb loader far too late it was :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning