I am hiring for a fan game project in the gbatemp community.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone, Me and a couple of other people have agreed to work on fan games. On the one hand it is a fun experience, on the other hand, it will help boost views of gbatemp if we work on our own games and release them on as many platforms as we can. The thing about these fan games is that they are being developed entirely by gbatemp community members.

Right now we are doing great. but we are currently looking for the following roles (you only need to be one of them to be considered):

1. A 2d artist (specifically for level art like tilesets, backgrounds, enemies, and bosses) preferably show us your portfolio even if it is small.
2. A C# developer who knows unity.

If you know c# and only know a little about unity, and you are needing help. I can help you with that personally so do not hesitate to reply here. The more developers we have, the sooner we can release those games. And we are currently needing all kinds of artists since none of us are artists. So if you only know like background art, and you do not know how to design bosses for example. you can still apply here.

I can't say any of the projects we are working on yet, because I do not want to get people hopes up until they are at a good point where we can confidently show it. But if you are interested, either reply here or pm me. and I will be telling you about the project will be working on.

The projects are planned currently to be released on pc, xbox one. but that may change in the future to apply to more platforms.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am glad you didn't publicly say if this was based off a existing game or not. This the best way to actually ask for help, while avoiding a DMCA notice. ^_^
Although I don't have the time to help, I do have one suggestion. Do not publicly disclose if this game is going to be based on an existing series. Just work on the game, finish it, and release it. That way if you get a DMCA, it's too late and the game is already out in the wild.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some c++ and unity but never built a full game before
No problem. I would say that c# shouldn't be much harder to learn. and I can help you with that. I worked with a gaming studio before so I have an idea of how to design and produce a game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am glad you didn't publicly say if this was based off a existing game or not. This the best way to actually ask for help, while avoiding a DMCA notice. ^_^
Although I don't have the time to help, I do have one suggestion. Do not publicly disclose if this game is going to be based on an existing series. Just work on the game, finish it, and release it. That way if you get a DMCA, it's too late and the game is already out in the wild.

I already planned for that. but thank you so much for the advice.

Python and GameMaker Language mostly. I know a little bit of Java but really only for Minecraft Bukkit Plugins

If you do not mind learning more C# on unity, then you can join.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome Gbatemp fan game attempt #407

Will it succeed? or will it die in 30- days like the other 406 projects
will it make you feel better if you know that these projects have been in development since june and they haven't been cancelled

Right now, we really need an artist.

Reactions: Hells Malice

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will it make you feel better if you know that these projects have been in development since june and they haven't been cancelled

Right now, we really need an artist.

No not really tbh.
If it took you 2 months to realize you need art assets for a project i'm kinda wondering exactly what could've been done.

Reactions: barronwaffles

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not really tbh.
If it took you 2 months to realize you need art assets for a project i'm kinda wondering exactly what could've been done.
it means I wanted to work on the engine first before needing art. you do know that in order to make good controls, you need to have a good engine first.

it means I wanted to work on the engine first before needing art. you do know that in order to make good controls, you need to have a good engine first.
I mean the engine is not finished yet either, no one can finish a complete engine in less than a year. but it is at a point where I can make some levels

Reactions: Deleted User

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have unity and coding experience but it's hard for me to be interested if I don't even know if it's the type of game I'd be interested in playing.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some C#. Never used Unity before though. Will I be paid for this?
nope, this is volunteering

I have unity and coding experience but it's hard for me to be interested if I don't even know if it's the type of game I'd be interested in playing.
I will announce it this weekend because of gbatemp bounty 2017. I will be sure to update you here

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
S

I will announce it this weekend because of gbatemp bounty 2017. I will be sure to update you here
So your going to have community members make a game then take the rewards of their work

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S

So your going to have community members make a game then take the rewards of their work

we are all volunteering. how am I taking the results of your work? you will be credited based on what you did in the credits screen.

if you are talking about the gbatemp bounty 2017, I have been working on this game by myself that is why I will be able to announce it as my own for this weekend. after that, if you decide to join, I will credit you. you wont get paid though.

I think you are mixing between the 2017 bounty event, and this game.

This is a fan game I have been working on regardless, and when I heard yesterday about the bounty event. I decided to submit the game. and I have the right to since no one has worked on it yet other than me. but after the project is announced, if you guys want to join, I will credit you for the tasks you do.

Basically, I can't credit you if you haven't worked yet. but once you do, I will. Unless I misunderstood what you are saying

I may be able to help with the art, but it depends on the style.
yeah, I think it was a mistake from my part to ask for artists before showing the project, I will announce the game this weekend. so stay tuned. I will update you.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I'm certainly not going to help then. I'm not helping you with something you're entering into the bounty for free.

Reactions: tunip3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: