Hacking I accidentally deleted a ropbin payload bin file on my SD and now it won't boot anything!

John Cordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm freaking out!!
I had no idea one tiny file could ruin everything..

I was trying to get my Homebrew Launcher to work on SysNAND so I could transfer my saves over to my EmuNAND and now this is happening!

Every time I try to boot into luma I get 'an error has occurred'

Someone please help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm freaking out!!
I had no idea one tiny file could ruin everything..

I was trying to get my Homebrew Launcher to work on SysNAND so I could transfer my saves over to my EmuNAND and now this is happening!

Every time I try to boot into luma I get 'an error has occurred'

Someone please help!
What entrypoint are you using to launch HBL/Luma? Menuhax?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As a side question do you know how to run the homebrew launcher on sysnand with Luma cfw?
Use another entry point such as soundhax.

Just a bit of advise. You should go A9LH.
Since 11.3 right now is totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (unless you have NAND backup below 11.3) until the new arm9 exploit is out.

John Cordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use another entry point such as soundhax.

Just a bit of advise. You should go A9LH.
Since 11.3 right now is totally unhackable with NFIRM patch. if you accidently update sysNAND, you're doom.
Any hardmod can't help you hack again (unless you have NAND backup below 11.3) until the new arm9 exploit is out.
I'm fine, I make sure to keep all internet use off of SysNAND anyway.
All of my internet profiles are fake on my SysNAND

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I used to do it a year ago when I was still using menuhax was to edit the menuhax payload to refer to a different filename instead of boot.3dsx. That way, you could still launch the homebrew launcher fine while still having it autoboot to a boot menu or CFW.

That being said, A9LH is much cleaner about this, as it doesn't need a boot.3dsx at all and just automatically boots you into a CFW. If you're interested, https://3ds.guide/. If not, I'm sure there's a thread or a guide somewhere about the method I mentioned, but I have no idea where anymore to be honest.

um luma should be the arm9 payload called arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your sd card.

If you read this thread at all, you would know that OP isn't using A9LH.

John Cordon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I used to do it a year ago when I was still using menuhax was to edit the menuhax payload to refer to a different filename instead of boot.3dsx. That way, you could still launch the homebrew launcher fine while still having it autoboot to a boot menu or CFW.

That being said, A9LH is much cleaner about this, as it doesn't need a boot.3dsx at all and just automatically boots you into a CFW. If you're interested, https://3ds.guide/. If not, I'm sure there's a thread or a guide somewhere about the method I mentioned, but I have no idea where anymore to be honest.

If you read this thread at all, you would know that OP isn't using A9LH.
I thought I was o.o guess not

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought I was o.o guess not
Sorry I'm using menuhax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?