Hykems twitter was first set to private and now deleted.

D

Deleted User

Yeah, most of us know about it now... There was a recent leak of his personal information, which is now floating around the internet as we speak... :/

D

Deleted User

I think it's time for the rest of the Wii U devs to learn from this and take drastic action. I mean geez, it did take them about 6 months to get the first kernel exploit working on the Wii U, but they've come so far and so quickly in that space of time, and now have about 2 (developed?) kernel exploits for 5.5, and they've had them for a good couple of months now! :/

Honestly, I don't see what the trouble is with the devs... Nintendo is probably bound to patch it some day anyway... :glare:

@Marionumber1, you've been telling me in the past couple of months that the exploit would just be "wasted" if you released it early, but I never really understand what you mean by that, exactly. There is no doubt a million-and-one things us >=5.5 users could create with that kernel exploit! And don't forget that I would really like to use it just for Unity WiiU purposes, and not really any piracy...
That's the kind of creativity I would like to do with 5.5, and I'd really make some amazing games and tools with it, so I don't really see how it would be a "wasted" opportunity as such. :(

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, someone will probably release the exploit
Like has happened with ps4 exploit
i hope
The PS4 exploit was only released because a few passwords were revealed and he was able to trace the accounts back to a private repo. I don't think we'll be as lucky this time. If there ever was a silver lining it's that even if Hykem never releases we still got valuable info out of it like the public release of the keys and all the contributions to the wiki.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
he released an unfinished encrypted key that still required brute forcing, I would say he released nothing of value, whoever actually cracked it first should be the culprit in my eyes, however mrs is doing a law degree i will ask what she thinks.

HerdHub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
he released an unfinished encrypted key that still required brute forcing, I would say he released nothing of value, whoever actually cracked it first should be the culprit in my eyes, however mrs is doing a law degree i will ask what she thinks.

It takes around 2-5 minutes to get the key. Someone even wrote a program which would bruteforce it within minutes. (Only about 1679616 possibilities)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands