Hulu comes to the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 9, 2017.

1. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    My TV has that. My XB1 that is connected to it also does, as does my iMac that is connected to that TV too, as well as my phone.
    I just want to have that in my Switch also, it is another portable device with a big screen that I can use, e.g. when I'm lying in my bed. Problem?

Also, I really hope that whenever they bring YouTube they implement sharing videos to YouTube, like you can in XB1. Though I doubt that will happen.

2. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    Now we need Netflix and Youtube and we're sorted! Hope these apps work in both Portable & Docked mode!

3. Marioyoshi64

Marioyoshi64 GBATemp's Favorite Random Phantom/Assassin/Senpai

Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Yas
    Now we gotsx to get utubes

4. aykay55

aykay55 The Ideas Guy, Professional Idiot

Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Wherever there's food. And Nintendo.
    A Chrome Cast is a much more affordable way to Hulu, and you control it with your smartphone, laptop, anything. And you must have a really old TV to have this situation in the first place. As for in the car, do you really watch Hulu in the car? How many times in a year are you a passenger in your car? You probably don't go on many roadtrips. It's a distraction to the driver, too. Only place this could really work is on a bus or airplane. I mean if it works for you congrats, but I don't think there is a real need for video streaming apps on the Switch.

Last edited by aykay55, Nov 9, 2017
    StarTrekVoyager likes this.
  5. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Good thing it will be optional. The people who don't think there is a real need for streaming apps, can just not get it.

duffmmann likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I used to have hulu to watch anime, but i stopped, not enough anime that interest me. I just hope the volume is better for the switch than wii u, the game pad had such bad audio. I needed to use a speaker just to even call it good. Still least we have SOMETHING to put that 5GHZ AC wifi to use, watching HD videos. :P

7. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    it's not crunchy roll, or netflix, or hulu they have to worry about, it's youtube they need to be concerned about

8. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    All I need ^^

9. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Does Hulu allow your phone to sync up to it like all the YouTube apps do? If not, they should get on that, back when i used the Youtube app on the standard Wii it was nice to be able to use your phone as a second screen to queue up videos and search, functioning very similar to how chromecast does when connected to the android YouTube app on our phones.

10. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Not sure yet. Haven't really explored it much. I doubt it though since it would have to emulate a cast device, doubt they'd implement that.

11. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Suppose that's a good point, I forget that Google owns Youtube, so it makes sense that they would already have the code to quickly implement casting into the YouTube app for every device they put it on.

dpad_5678 likes this.
  12. zeveroth

zeveroth Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    I'm really not looking forward to exploits myself, at least not this early. It's a great system with plenty of support. Fans are loving every bit and Nintendo is the loving our money. I'm sure homebrew would be great also. I just don't want to see pirated games and such, so early on.

13. Fronic

Fronic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2014
    United States
    Waterford, Michigan
    I mean you can share video and pictures to Twitter and Facebook right now, so why not video to Youtube?

14. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    HentaiHaven app next please...

Come on you degenerate weebs... You're like me too.

15. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    How about a proper internet browser? (Typing this from my Wii U as we speak)

PossiblyOne likes this.
  16. PossiblyOne

PossiblyOne Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    United States
    Hell
    Would like to see that come before any video app.