HowTo: Sign PS3 Homebrew In A Single Click.

psn3r.gif
Sign PS3 Homebrew Quickly & Easily
psn3r.gif

sonyplaystation3-300x206.jpg

Last Updated: 23rd May 2011
Current Version: 1.1
Written By: SamAsh07

Tool To Be Used: PKG Signer GUI (Links are in the Guide)
Known PS3 Firmwares This Tool Works On: 3.55 and above (Please let me know if it works on 3.41 too)
Alternative Tool: There is another PKG Signer tool, just Google 'MohammadAG Tool'[/p]

dock.png

starto.png
Introduction

Hello everyone, this guide is specifically for those people that are either too lazy to use Geohot tools or are just noobs and can't understand the complex tools of Geohot to sign their very own homebrew, this is basically a faster route to signing homebrew. In other words, signed homebrew is just a click away!! Now lets get started, shall we?[/p]

notezad.gif
Contents:-

• Getting The Required Files
  • Sorting The Files
  • Signing The Homebrew

first%20tie.png
Step 1:- Getting The Required Files

download.gif
PKG Signer

download.gif
PKG DLLs

Download & Extract the above files, then find download and extract the homebrew you want to sign and place it anywhere you feel comfortable - Desktop is an ideal choice because it's alot easier to access (keep an eye on the .pkg file of the homebrew in the homebrew folder, that's your main target), to find a site for Downloading homebrews, just use Google or heres a list of PS3 Homebrew you can browse to find the right homebrew for yourself.[/p]

Well...without those DLLs, you'll get this error:-

error.jpg

sstep2.png
Step 2:- Sorting The Files

Go to the PGK DLLs folder you just extracted and copy/move the contents of that folder to your PKG Signer folder, I know I could've just made the folder myself and then zipped it but where's the learning part here? Anyways the PKG Signer folder will now look something similar to the picture below:-[/p]

extracted.jpg

Okay once this is done, you are ready to sign your homebrew. Now move on to the next and final step please.[/p]

step3.png
Step 3:- Signing The Homebrew

Navigate to your PKG Signer folder and double-click the file called Signer GUI.exe, if you are on Windows 7 it would be a wise decision to Run As Admin, now you gotta Browse for the file:-[/p]

zxzxc.jpg

After clicking Browse, find the .pkg file (of the homebrew you want signed) in the homebrews folder, i.e. where-ever you extracted your homebrew, and click on Sign, here's an example below of me signing fuck-psn:-[/p]

signing.jpg

Congratulations, you've just signed your homebrew (.pkg file), try it on your PS3 now. By the way, after you click Sign, there won't be any confirmation that it was successful, just go back to your PKG file in the desktop and see the Date Modified it's enough of a proof that the file has been signed.[/p]

conc.png
Conclusion

This was a program made my FamousMassacre, so all credit goes to him for making something like this possible. And of course GeoHot himself. Thanks to Cyan for providing the list of PS3 Homebrew. If you have any Questions, please feel free to ask, I'll try my very best to answer all of them. Thank you for your patience.[/p]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can point to the wiki to find a list of homebrew for PS3.
(This is currently only a list, no links yet).

Nice guide, and I didn't know we could sign without the PS3 keys
tongue.gif

Maybe you should add a note :
when you talk about signing a homebrew, it's actually signing the .pkg package, not the eboot.bin, eboot.elf, right ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the signed pkg works for all firmware version, or only 3.55 and 3.56?

I'm on 3.41 with dongle, it will be nice to sign my FTP homebrew to launch them without booting using the jailbreak dongle.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
As far as I'm aware it works on 3.55 and above, I'm on 3.55 with my current PS3. Works fine on them.
biggrin.gif

I never expected a new reply in this topic, since it's like dead. xD

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If you sign and use a homebrew, the PS3 won't detect it as illegal, because it acts like a file officially signed by Sony as a legit file, atleast that's what I heard from countless forums
unsure.gif

mattisgoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I was just making sure because I kind of want to use some homebrew but I don't want it to mess with my ps3 or psn account at all.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Any homebrew can be signed with this. Remember you gotta sign the .pkg file.

EDIT: Bahhh if only the anchor tags worked...

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
If you sign and use a homebrew, the PS3 won't detect it as illegal, because it acts like a file officially signed by Sony as a legit file, atleast that's what I heard from countless forums
unsure.gif

Yeah, that's correct. It uses Sony's digital signature.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt work on 3.56, 3.60 or 3.61
because of the enforced blacklist and whitelist
ie. they can detect it, the key has been changed and the old one has been blocked

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
ie. they can detect it, the key has been changed and the old one has been blocked
Problem with changing the key is that it would immediately invalidate any legit software you bought, like games on the BluRay discs. Those would have their signatures hard coded, so changing the key would instantly makes those games no longer work. And it was proven that a black/white list wouldn't stop them from bypassing that.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimensional said:
Joe88 said:
Problem with changing the key is that it would immediately invalidate any legit software you bought, like games on the BluRay discs. Those would have their signatures hard coded, so changing the key would instantly makes those games no longer work. And it was proven that a black/white list wouldn't stop them from bypassing that.
thats what the whitelist is for
it allows those games with the blocked key to pass through and not get flagged while the blacklist flags everything else
there could be another check to see if the disc in the drive is pressed from a factory and all ID's match up to those on the whitelist
just because hackers said it was impossible to do (failoverflow team) doesnt make it true, some other hacker called them out on that statement saying they shouldn't have said it since sony were the ones who built the machine and they know how it works

if it was so simple to bypass, they would have done it back in january when it was released

its basically back to step 1 with new firmwares
those keys wont help them in cracking new ones

the only activity I see on progress of cracking new firmwares is dual nand for dual ps3 firmwares with the flip of a switch
not exactly viable solution for the majority of people and not a lot of progress is actually cracking new firmwares
and 3.70 is going to come out soon also

Gamer5501

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm okay I don't fully understand. I've been vaguely following the ps3 scene but been full in the psp scene. signing a homebrew can NOT run on an ofw? because signed homebrew was able to run on any psp on any ofw. just need a little clarification

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm okay I don't fully understand. I've been vaguely following the ps3 scene but been full in the psp scene. signing a homebrew can NOT run on an ofw? because signed homebrew was able to run on any psp on any ofw. just need a little clarification
They've implemented a white list, meaning that only games on the list can be played.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there might be a way to basically make that white list null in newer OFW's, or give it some kind of wildcard in it, and thus opening it up to being able to run more than just a single arbitrary list? I know an empty blacklist would work that way; or even overrun loading the white list from the buffer to just get it to allow everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: