Hardware How would you improve the Switch?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well they sell 256 so I would imagine 512 is right around the corner. And with Samsung's UFS cards, the sky is the limit.

http://www.microdia.com/product-category/portable-expandable-compatible/microsd/

Well there's already a 512GB SD card, and Sandisk already has a prototype of a 1TB SD card, so 512GB microSD card might show sometimes soon, but It will probably cost more than the Switch itself though, considering that he 512GB SD card costs 265$ on amazon.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well there's already a 512GB SD card, and Sandisk already has a prototype of a 1TB SD card, so 512GB microSD card might show sometimes soon, but It will probably cost more than the Switch itself though, considering that he 512GB SD card costs 265$ on amazon.

Meh, give it a year. I don't think there will be 512GB worth of games by then anyway lolz. Haven't even made a dent in my 128GB card yet. I don't know what everyone was complaining about. 32GB is plenty when there ain't no bloody games! I plan on buying carts until it's hacked, I don't think I'll ever have 128GB worth of saves. The only thing that will fill up my card would be homebrew and *ahem* game backups. I don't see that happening anytime soon tho.

Reactions: Ra1d

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have a problem with the power of the Switch, if we're honest it's a portable system, not a home console. For that, it's doing pretty good.

What I'd like is for Nintendo to drag their arses out of the past and offer modern system features. Y'know cloud backups, saves on SD cards. Easily swapped between systems.
A robust online service with a proper community aspect.
A PS Now style subscription for their vast library of older systems games. None of this renting one game for a month nonsense.

Online and associated services are where Nintendo always fails. They're too reluctant to offer value for money. Failing to take into account economies of scale. If they offered more for less, they'd get more takers and ultimately make more money. In theory at least.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're talking about just the switch console itself...

1. Vastly improved dock
2. Gorilla glass for the screen
3. Improved stand

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think my only complaint is the lack of utilizing the dock to improve the consoles performance while in it.
Would've been a way to upgrade the console in the future should they ever want or need to. Might still be possible of course, i'm no hardware engineer. I just assume it's not quite so simple.

Otherwise it's a stellar system. It's basically a vita XL and I love it. Barely ever use it docked anyway.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Killing the 3DS today and channeling all efforts into the Switch.
- Games. More games.
- Third party support. Japanese games specially.
- More battery life.

PS: I don't want shitty multiplatform AAA games, I want good games designed specifically for the Switch.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

adel616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the switch have bluetooth once we hacked it we should be able to program an art homebrew capable of using some pens
It will not be compatible with all but some pen pressure pen can be usable ^^

You do realize that those screens have special sensors right? You cant use a wacom pen on just any touch screen. The screen must have a special digitizer which is like a second plastic glass below the screen. This wont work. Never. Because its not a software issue, its a hardware one.

Going back to the topic:

-Bluetooth headphones and mic compatiblity
-Audio jack on pro controller and joycons.

As it is right now, you need 2 pair of headphones (one for the console, one for your cellphone) to use voice chat, and 4 ears to wear the 4 headphones!

And you cant be at the bed using the docked console on the tv if you plan to wear headphones unless you have a 3 meters long audio cable.

Frankly the thought of that gives me headaches already. Its really non comfortable. The procontroller should have an audio jack at least.

-fix left joycon issue
-more battery

The revision will likely come with bluetooth compatibility, a pascal chip for 5 hours battery and the left joycon. Kinda regretting supporting the console from day one now.

Last edited by adel616,

TesseractStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that those screens have special sensors right? You cant use a wacom pen on just any touch screen. The screen must have a special digitizer which is like a second plastic glass below the screen. This wont work. Never. Because its not a software issue, its a hardware one.
I think the post was refering to the handful of bluetooth styli out there, capacitive styli with pressure sensitivity communicated to compatible apps through BT.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Going back to the topic:

-Bluetooth headphones and mic compatiblity
-Audio jack on pro controller and joycons.

As it is right now, you need 2 pair of headphones (one for the console, one for your cellphone) to use voice chat, and 4 ears to wear the 4 headphones!

And you cant be at the bed using the docked console on the tv if you plan to wear headphones unless you have a 3 meters long audio cable.

Frankly the thought of that gives me headaches already. Its really non comfortable. The procontroller should have an audio jack at least.

-fix left joycon issue
-more battery

The revision will likely come with bluetooth compatibility, a pascal chip for 5 hours battery and the left joycon. Kinda regretting supporting the console from day one now.
You are ignorant then, the pressure sensor are IN the pen, and you can use a pen which mimic the body capacitance for the location so
YES with software and a bluetooth pen that have pressure sensitivity and is intended to use with android tablets, you could do it ...
sure it wont be as accurate as a wacom pen but since you would have pressure sensitivity and not too bad location it would be okay
In brief, it IS a software issue
Yes it would not work with a wacom pen and that was never what i was saying
but it can work with other pens that simulate your finger on the capacitive touchscreen and you send the pressure data from it through bluetooth

Last edited by Alkéryn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...