Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey folks, today I'm going to mod Animal Crossing scene dump to play online, using my own dumped Resident Evil Mercenaries header.
My question is, can I use CARD1 header for a CARD2 rom? AND is AC asking for a patch currently? I'm on emunand 7.1...
I used Super Mario 3D Land for Animal Crossing New Leaf and was able to connect to the internet and upload my dream world. I didn't try anything else online, but this leads me to believe it will work.

Reactions: dekuleon

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, today I'm going to mod Animal Crossing scene dump to play online, using my own dumped Resident Evil Mercenaries header.
My question is, can I use CARD1 header for a CARD2 rom? AND is AC asking for a patch currently? I'm on emunand 7.1...

someone from a different site used his ocarina of time header on pokemon x and it worked, some some card1 headers will work for card2 games if not all

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
all headers from all games will work on any other game if properly adjusted, this whole thread is about, the tool in the first post will automatically adjust the header to match whatever rom you inject it into

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone from a different site used his ocarina of time header on pokemon x and it worked, some some card1 headers will work for card2 games if not all
That might have been me. Thats what i ise for my online and it works. But i honestly havent seen anyone report a header that doesnt work.

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did anyone else had problem with spotPass with for example: fire emblem awakening? I keep getting a message that says that i need to accept the terms of the latest user agreement before i can use SpotPass, (while some other games didnt asked for it.) Is that bc i dont have emunand 8x? I tried all manufactures (header).
ps: i accepted the agreement already in system setttings -> internet settings -> other info -> user agreement. So not sure what else i can do.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if headers are reigon-free? can i use a jap header on a us rom and vice-versa?
EDIT: can confirm this works, i just injected kid icarus with mh4 header and its working online

ShocWave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know if partial dumps will have a fully working header?
I have many games, and I don't want to spend too much time dumping them.
I'd much rather start the dump and cancel after a few seconds, and inject into a scene dump of the same game.
If the header is located at the beginning of the file, I should be able to just extract it from the partial dump, right?
Would anyone like to confirm this works?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if partial dumps will have a fully working header?
I have many games, and I don't want to spend too much time dumping them.
I'd much rather start the dump and cancel after a few seconds, and inject into a scene dump of the same game.
If the header is located at the beginning of the file, I should be able to just extract it from the partial dump, right?
Would anyone like to confirm this works?

Yes

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I am new to this and have got a Question. What would you consider as more safe method?

Playing a Game, for example Mario Golf online exactly as I dumped it from a Friends retail copy (he could be playing online at the same time) or inject my own Header of a retail game I own myself?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am new to this and have got a Question. What would you consider as more safe method?

Playing a Game, for example Mario Golf online exactly as I dumped it from a Friends retail copy (he could be playing online at the same time) or inject my own Header of a retail game I own myself?
Well if Nintendo did supposedly catch on...( they won't ban) and your using a ROM of your friends with the same header...you could cause you friend to be banned along with you..however if you use your own header from another game...chances are that wouldn't be the case I'd go with a new header from a game you own

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I still dont know what Card 1 and Card 2 is? Could someone explain it to me.

Iv tried to read it and try to find out.
Could someone clearify this.
- Dump the rom(own rom) into the program make an header(bin)
- Do I have to change anything or does it automaticly do it.
- Get a rom to play online. Get the rom change it to 3dz and put the header into the online rom header.

And can i just go online now?

gigio2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I'll have to ask. I've tried every single method right here to get my jap pokemon x online, I've already downloaded patch 1.2 with the new gateway beta, also edited the hex of the 4 public bins to work with jap pokemon x (AE F8 00 98) and none of them work. Here is what I'm getting:

tmp_2659_IMG_20140826_111009115_HDR_1943866478.jpg

This basically means: Check the manual.

Is this a problem with the new gateway beta?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Okay, I'll have to ask. I've tried every single method right here to get my jap pokemon x online, I've already downloaded patch 1.2 with the new gateway beta, also edited the hex of the 4 public bins to work with jap pokemon x (AE F8 00 98) and none of them work. Here is what I'm getting:

This basically means: Check the manual.

Is this a problem with the new gateway beta?
did you rename the rom to .3dz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night