Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also, though, be aware that exFAT can issue problems. (The data fragmentation error, mostly.) I went to fat32, and everything's better.

The microsd I used to use, I never had data fragmentation errors. The one I use now, I've had it 1 time. I deleted the rom and transferred it again. No issues since. I don't see how people can constantly have issues with this unless they're buying cheap knockoffs.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had no fragmentation issues with exfat and have only seen a SMALL percentage of people who have. Fragmentation errors happen on fat and fat32 too. Its quit simple to not get fragmentation errors on any format.

Simply delete all games until you reach the one you actually want to delete and then put them back on in the same order they were in. Or if you have to delete enough of them simply delete them all and re-format.

I think it also depends on your card size and how many roms you have on it. Remember when you put a rom on there its actually stoored in a spot kinda like a solid state hard drive. It isnt reallly all that move aroundable(yes im quite aware thats not a word) unless you defrag it. You probably shouldnt defrag an sd card but it wont hurt it as bad as some people around here say.

That however is only because people worry about the life span of their card. Sd lifespans are generally 10 years for average use however an sd lifespan isnt really measured in years. It measured by write cycles. Believe it or not depending on how and by whom the sd card is manufactured with todays tech, your sd can be re-formatted and written to again 10000 per physical sector (multi level cell) to 100000 times per physical sector(single level cell). So besides being slightly time consuming, if you get a fragmentation error format and re-write. You probably arent going to reach the write cycle limit unless youre constantly formatting and re-writing.

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Simply delete all games until you reach the one you actually want to delete and then put them back on in the same order they were in. Or if you have to delete enough of them simply delete them all and re-format.
You can also use my program to fix the GW3DS fragmentation errors. Simply execute "gw3ds.exe fix x:" (where "x" is the driveletter of your microsd card) from a command prompt and voila, fixed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94421767/gw3ds_ver_10.zip

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use exfat format that way you dont have split files. Does metal gear solid even have online play?

Edit. Oh mgs header on RE:R. RE:R online works for me but my micros are exfat. I dont see why it shouldnt work in the split files. Maybe change the 3d0 and 3d1 to 3ds insert header and change name back.....

Ok, thanks man. I'll just try it out, see if it works. My concern was about this thing I read on the gateway site: ''rename the file extension from .3DS to .3DZ in order to avoid accidental activation of online support.''. I don't even know what this activation would mean for my 3ds, but would it be bad? Will the .3d0 and .3d1 files also avoid this activation?

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok..... if you want to play online you need to change the file from 3ds to 3dz. The 3d0 3d1 are because the game is over 2 gigs. I dont know if 3d0 3d1 will allow you to play online.

If on the other hand you dont want to get online everything you did is doing quite the opposite.

So wanting to play online. Try it out let us know. I have this sneaking feeling though that you'll need to use exfat so the files will be together.

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wanted to test it, but I need to complete a couple of missions in the campaign first I guess. So I'll try it some other time ;) Thanks for the help.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont have the circle pad pro i highly recommend you buy it. In that game the circle pad pro is not a want it is a need. Ive played it both ways circle pad pro is the way to go.

It funny i bought my cpp on the day re revelations came out. The gamestop i called about it said it was the last one within 200 miles and had had 5 people call about it before me. I got there first, 5 minutes before the next guy who had driven an hour for the damn thing. I felt bad but hey first come first serve.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a couple n00bie questions :lol: Is it safe to use a USA private header (Tetris Axis) with EU roms to play online in North America? or is it safer to only use them with USA roms to play online? Also, is it safe to play multiple roms online with the same Cart id? My games seem to work great online but I rather not raise any flags in the event that they start the ban wagon..

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple n00bie questions :lol: Is it safe to use a USA private header (Tetris Axis) with EU roms to play online in North America? or is it safer to only use them with USA roms to play online? Also, is it safe to play multiple roms online with the same Cart id? My games seem to work great online but I rather not raise any flags in the event that they start the ban wagon..

1) I'd honestly use a USA header (a unique one, which nobody else has) with a US game. It works cross-region, but I'd be a bit nervous. But hey, it's possible. So I say go for it. No bans have been issued out as of yet. Nobody knows just how "safe" playing online is. But I'd venture to guess, it's pretty damn safe at this time. Not so sure Niny can do a thing about it. You'd think they would've by know. But who knows.

2) And as stated above, "Safe" is a term which cannot be used in this instance. It's possible, and it works, but we don't know how "safe" it is yet c;

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont have the circle pad pro i highly recommend you buy it. In that game the circle pad pro is not a want it is a need. Ive played it both ways circle pad pro is the way to go.

It funny i bought my cpp on the day re revelations came out. The gamestop i called about it said it was the last one within 200 miles and had had 5 people call about it before me. I got there first, 5 minutes before the next guy who had driven an hour for the damn thing. I felt bad but hey first come first serve.

I've heard it works with Kid Icarus: Uprising. About 10 minutes into that game, I had to shut it off. Couldn't play it using the control scheme any longer. Ouch.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) I'd honestly use a USA header (a unique one, which nobody else has) with a US game. It works cross-region, but I'd be a bit nervous. But hey, it's possible. So I say go for it. No bans have been issued out as of yet. Nobody knows just how "safe" playing online is. But I'd venture to guess, it's pretty damn safe at this time. Not so sure Niny can do a thing about it. You'd think they would've by know. But who knows.

2) And as stated above, "Safe" is a term which cannot be used in this instance. It's possible, and it works, but we don't know how "safe" it is yet c;

Thank you for the reply, I figured the same thing.. I'll make sure all the games I'm using online are USA with the USA header to be safe. I really hope they don't notice multiple games going online with the same cart id :S

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could someone please upload aliak11's 3ds Rom Editor v0.5 to a different site? Filetrip hasn't been working for at least a week for me, at least not for that download.

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
anyone has a nice youtube tutorial?
Don't wanna read 47 pages and ask questions that have been asked a million times before.
This doesn't really looks so easy at all but i wanna try B-)

thx

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually its very easy. All you need to do is read the first page and dowload the correct files.

Seriously easy actually. Lets simplify. First dump a legimate 3ds cart with your gateway. Second copy new rom from big sd card to pc. Open the correct program and export that roms header. Choose rom to play online and inject header. Change name from xxxx.3ds to xxxx.3dz. Transfer rom to micro sd. Done

Oh and if youve played the game as a .3ds file you wont be able to use that .3ds save file in 3dz. The .3ds .3dz saves are incompatible with each other

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually its very easy. All you need to do is read the first page and dowload the correct files.

Seriously easy actually. Lets simplify. First dump a legimate 3ds cart with your gateway. Second copy new rom from big sd card to pc. Open the correct program and export that roms header. Choose rom to play online and inject header. Change name from xxxx.3ds to xxxx.3dz. Transfer rom to micro sd. Done

Oh and if youve played the game as a .3ds file you wont be able to use that .3ds save file in 3dz. The .3ds .3dz saves are incompatible with each other

ok , ill try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw