Hacking How to use multiple HDs (XK3y)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having a bit of trouble getting 2 HDs to work on the Xk3y.

If I plug a HD into the XK3y remote then it is fine. If I put the second drive into the remote on its own then thats also fine. But if I plug both drives into the remote then it will only pick up one of them.

Am i right in thinking that you can connect both drives to the remote and it should pick them both up to work or am i missing something?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ill see if i can dig out a usb hub from somewhere and give that a try. I just thought that was what the extra usb ports were for on the remote, because I cant think of any reason for them to be there if it wasnt for multiple devices.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If more than one drive does not work, you could use a multi bay raid enclosure, and set it for raid 0. this will combine both drives (works best with drives of equal size, or it will only add upto the smallest size drive. (eg, 200+500=400 [200+200])
this will work as the drive shows up as 1 drive when connected to a PC or the XK3Y.

the downside is redundancy. if one of the 2 drives fail, you lose all the data as its striped (both drives contain parts of a file) vs just adding them up and filling them in order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night