OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I just dumped my MK8 DLC (/vol/aoc folder) but I don't know how to use DLC with loadiine?
Do I have to put the aoc folder in the updates folder?

This is my DLC structure:
\vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0010
\vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0011
\vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0012
\vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0013\course

JFSAINTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 2 wiiu, mk8 and dlc purchase at my first wiiu, all ok.....but in my other wiiu, mk8 dont work with my dlc dump....seriously? ¬¬ , no logic ....

Reactions: Masterwin

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, let's turn the backup loader into the pirate loader, which is what it would do if they allowed you to play DLC you didn't buy.

It already is a pirate loader. And It's not really needed for some games. SSB4 for example, you don't need the DLC since it's in the update. A little fiddling and you could probably unlock them. It's not piracy if you're just modifying the game.

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah, let's turn the backup loader into the pirate loader, which is what it would do if they allowed you to play DLC you didn't buy.

You are wrong Sherlock: this is talk without know anything: i have 2 Wii U consoles and i want to use my Super Smash Bros U DLC in the other console but... Oh wait i can't!, it is very useless for me for that reason if i want to use my DLC in the console where i bought the DLC i just have to run the game like always.

Last edited by Fjar,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You are wrong Sherlock: this is talk without know anything: i have 2 Wii U consoles and i want to use my Super Smash Bros U DLC in the other console but... Oh wait i can't!, it is very useless for me for that reason if i want to use my DLC in the console where i bought the DLC i just have to run the game like always.
Just attach your NNID to that console, you're good to go. It's not the Loadiine developers fault that the Wii U works that way. You should be angry at them, not the Loadiine developers that are keeping the BACKUP loader strictly classified as such. How would they be able to determine that you did indeed buy the DLC? Like I said, you're wrong at the wrong people, bring the issue up with Nintendo, or find a work around, the source code is on Github.

Last edited by brienj,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just attach your NNID to that console, you're good to go. It's not the Loadiine developers fault that the Wii U works that way. You should be angry at them, not the Loadiine developers that are keeping the BACKUP loader strictly classified as such. How would they be able to determine that you did indeed buy the DLC? Like I said, you're wrong at the wrong people, bring the issue up with Nintendo, or find a work around, the source code is on Github.
Maybe you only have a 8GB Wii U and slow internet, you don't want to delete your DLC to make room for other games or other DLC, so what can you do? Well, you could back it up and use the backup in the Backup Loader™, but no... the original still needs to be intact, and in fact, if you lose access to the original for whatever reason, you can't load your backup anymore. Not really much of a backup anymore at this point is it. It's a PoC for a concept that's not useful to anyone

Reactions: AboodXD and Fjar

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you only have a 8GB Wii U and slow internet, you don't want to delete your DLC to make room for other games or other DLC, so what can you do? Well, you could back it up and use the backup in the Backup Loader™, but no... the original still needs to be intact, and in fact, if you lose access to the original for whatever reason, you can't load your backup anymore. Not really much of a backup anymore at this point is it. It's a PoC for a concept that's not useful to anyone
Maybe you only have a 8GB Wii U and slow internet, you don't want to delete your DLC to make room for other games or other DLC, so what can you do? Well, you could back it up and use the backup in the Backup Loader™, but no... the original still needs to be intact, and in fact, if you lose access to the original for whatever reason, you can't load your backup anymore. Not really much of a backup anymore at this point is it. It's a PoC for a concept that's not useful to pirates.

FIXED

BTW, you can "back it up" on an external HDD, which the Wii U will gladly use as storage, and last time I looked you can get a lot more GB per dollar than a SD Card. You can also, back up anything on your PC with the kernel hack, so allowing DLC on any console will only allow one thing ...

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: piratesephiroth

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have the DLC stages for sonic world but somehow they wont load on loadiine, what should i have to do? i also have purchased pikmin 3 dlc so i want to know how to load it from loadiine.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, you can "back it up" on an external HDD, which the Wii U will gladly use as storage, and last time I looked you can get a lot more GB per dollar than a SD Card. You can also, back up anything on your PC with the kernel hack, so allowing DLC on any console will only allow one thing ...
You can't restore a DLC installation from files to the system since we can't yet recover title keys from the system, so while you technically can backup the files to your PC, you can't use the files because Loadiine won't allow it unless you already have the files installed, negating the point of the backup to begin with... If you don't realize how circular this logic is I can't help you. It is a neat idea but it is not useful to anyone, mostly because loadiine is at this point only a piracy tool. If you have the originals you would just use those because loadiine has too many problems to begin with, and DLC represents just a minor inconvenience. I have yet to retire my game discs because loadiine is not ready for primetime "backup loading" or whatever you want to call it

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can't restore a DLC installation from files to the system since we can't yet recover title keys from the system, so while you technically can backup the files to your PC, you can't use the files because Loadiine won't allow it unless you already have the files installed, negating the point of the backup to begin with... If you don't realize how circular this logic is I can't help you. It is a neat idea but it is not useful to anyone, mostly because loadiine is at this point only a piracy tool. If you have the originals you would just use those because loadiine has too many problems to begin with, and DLC represents just a minor inconvenience. I have yet to retire my game discs because loadiine is not ready for primetime "backup loading" or whatever you want to call it
I play both MK8 and SSB4 with Loadiine and DLC. I own the games and the DLC. Works perfect.

Reactions: ajd4096

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play both MK8 and SSB4 with Loadiine and DLC. I own the games and the DLC. Works perfect.
It's funny that your idea of perfect includes the inability to play online and slower-than-disc loading. You are probably not the best judge for this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night