Hacking How to use CHMM2?

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in installing CHMM2 but I don't see any specific instructions on the page for it. I read that I need "dspfirm.cdc" to run it and that it can be dumped using Decrypt9 but I don't know where to place this file, and is that all I need to do before downloading CHMM2 from the Homebrew Channel?

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see, the file was already dumped. And I got it to work by just putting the themes in the themes folder and running the CHMM2 app from the Homebrew Channel. Is there anyway to run CHMM2 without having to connect to the internet to use the Homebrew Channel?

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you installed hbl launcher, only the first time starting it one each FW Version should require internet access, to download and store the payload. After that it just uses the stored one.

EDIT: CHHM shouldn't need network at all to install themes on SD

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Oh I see, the file was already dumped. And I got it to work by just putting the themes in the themes folder and running the CHMM2 app from the Homebrew Channel. Is there anyway to run CHMM2 without having to connect to the internet to use the Homebrew Channel?
I run it locally from Homebrew Launcher. Also, i think there is cia version avaliable.

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, when I launch the Homebrew Channel with my wifi turned off it stops loading with a white screen on the bottom and a message on the top that reads, "The homemenu ropbin is ready."

Is something set up wrong maybe? I followed the guide to the very letter last night while installing A9LH and Luma... I don't understand what could be wrong. Unless some of the folders it said to delete at the end of the guide included the homebrew payload? o.O

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Huh, when I launch the Homebrew Channel with my wifi turned off it stops loading with a white screen on the bottom and a message on the top that reads, "The homemenu ropbin is ready."

Is something set up wrong maybe? I followed the guide to the very letter last night while installing A9LH and Luma... I don't understand what could be wrong. Unless some of the folders it said to delete at the end of the guide included the homebrew payload? o.O

Why even have Wifi turned off in the first place?

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even have Wifi turned off in the first place?

Old habits die hard, I guess. If I don't need internet on then why have it on? And I have limited band width so every device that i can eliminate from auto-updating improves the quality of my life (on the internet) exponentially (even if it is suppose to be safe to let the 3ds update in sleep mode while on A9LH and Luma).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got the cia file installed, its working great now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm