How to use a 64gb Micro SDXC in your SDHC compliant flash cart.

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by carmania100, Oct 11, 2012.

Oct 11, 2012
    • Former Staff

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Message Count:
    Colombia
    i have almost 1 of every version of every supported game released for every supported system. a full set of games (selecting the best release for each, ie: graphics, sound, etc), is just over 1 GB. so it isn't as large as you think. converting the audio to the specs agentq suggests saves a ton of space as well.

but who puts on full goodsets? why would you want all languages, all dumps, all hacks, all translations, etc?

-another world

exangel Self hatred increases with post-count.

Message Count:
    United States
    I have the entire collection of WiiWare and Virtual Console for NA region and it only fills half a 32GB card*. If you have a Gamecube compatible Wii, DML is definitely worth a look! It's received a lot of updates in the past few months, so the compatibility list is terribly out of date. I haven't had any of the Gamecube games I've tried show up as unusable (although online mode is out of the question).

*uncompressed, the entire collection of WADs is 17.9 GB
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

carmania100 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I was just pointing out that it's impossible to get anywhere close to filling 2tb with full sets. Nothing else.

LightyKD KING of Nintendo!!!

Message Count:
    United States
    I do have a GameCube compatible Wii but I don't have a XC card and I'm also using disc loading. Not sure if I want to go completely digital with my whole collection but this XC information is really making me think about everything. I wish they would just go ahead and release terabyte cards. As for your collection of wads, how do you get around the Wii Menu and Wii SD Menu's page limit?

exangel Self hatred increases with post-count.

Message Count:
    United States
    I don't have all of the WADs installed, that's just the size of the collection on disk.

What I actually have installed only takes about 9 pages of my SD menu and a page and a half of my Wii menu. It's pretty laborious to install and transfer over every single game but as far as I'm aware this is the only way to play WiiWare/VC from SD.

If you have the discs for the games you would be playing, I'd think that protecting the longevity of them by using backups instead is another good reason to consider it. ^_^

as far as with the main subject, I'm definitely shopping for a 64GB MicroSDXC right now :D (edit: argh, they're still over $60 without sale/coupon pricing T___T 64GB SDXC is in the $40-50 range on Newegg though. think I'll just watch the sales newsletters for SDXC/mSDXC, they pop up almost weekly.)

LightyKD KING of Nintendo!!!

Message Count:
    United States
    I found a few 64GB SDXC cards on eBay with free shipping between $37.99 and $47.99, granted these cards don't come from a major brand but might be worth the risk.
    • Newcomer

carmania100 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I got mine for 49.50 with a 2 day flash memory coupon that I received in my email because I made another purchase of some other flash memory. It doesn't seem like newegg sends out coupons for flash memory often. You might just want to go with the ebay option or shell out the bucks for one from amazon or newegg. It's worth it!! 64gb SDXC, it's like the rolex of NDS storage. Then you can go brag about how awesome your flash cart is to your friends, haha. (You might end up alone this way)
    1 people like this.
    • Newcomer

carmania100 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I can confirm this works on the r4i gold plus, I'll be getting some more cards soon to test this on as well. Anyone else try this with a card not confirmed yet? If so please post the results. I know theoretically it should work on all cards that support SDHC, but the real world doesn't make sense sometimes.

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Eh, not surprising that unofficial accessories from china don't always follow standards.
    1 people like this.

Dartz150 I'm an alternate dimension superhuman behind a PC

Message Count:
    Mexico
    Well, maybe this is a bit OT, but... any site to found cheaper SDXC cards??? recomendations are welcome :), I want to buy a pair, one for my DSTWO and another to make backup data of my PC. Thnx in advance.
    • Newcomer

Mo990 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    I have already formatted my micro SDXC 64 GB in FAT32, but sometimes when I play the screen of my console hangs (becomes black), is normal or should I worry?? I state that turning off and on the console I review the flash card

Jayro MediCat DVD Developer

Message Count:
    United States
    B&W2 Is actually only 280MB, once properly AP patched and trimmed. Using untrimmed roms is just foolish. Such a waste of space.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    If you had a 2TB microSD it really doesn't matter does it now?

Jayro MediCat DVD Developer

Message Count:
    United States
    It might, depending on the read speed of the storage device, but usually Class 10 is fast enough for even the largest ROMS.

nl255 New Member

Message Count:
    Well you could fill up 2TB with a DSTwo if you had a ton of videos in avi/xvid format (720x480 or so). The full Stargate SG-1 is just a bit over 100GB so throw on a bunch of long running TV shows like Law and Order, Star Trek (all of them), the full Stargate series (SG1, Atlantis, and even Universe), NCIS, and so on and you could do it.

Yepi69 GBATemp Pokemon, EarthBound, Mother3 Proud Fan Boy

Message Count:
    Portugal
    White 2 is 256, 512mb is filler data.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Like I'd care if I had 2TB
    porkiewpyne likes this.

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Wrong reply.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Okay, what's the right reply, then?

Message Count:
    Portugal
    I was just sayin White 2 was 256mb not 512, I was not sayin anything about 2TB.

SPONSORED LINKS