How To Unsoft Brick

Unsoft bricking is very easy. Since 10.7 is downgradable, there's no risk to this. Even if 10.7 wasn't downgradable, an updated 3DS is worth more than no 3DS.

1. Open up your 3DS
2. Hold L+R+A+Up
3. While those are held, turn on your 3DS. You might have to move your fingers around
4. Update your system.
5. You'll be unsoft bricked!

[/video]

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This isn't considered a softbrick... Only if it's a Frankenfirmware
That is what a soft brick is. It's considered a frankenfirmware if it actually boots but is limited in some way by titles not being downgraded properly. It's considered a softbrick if it won't boot normally and re-downgrading or updating by system update is required for it to work.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what a soft brick is. It's considered a frankenfirmware if it actually boots but is limited in some way by titles not being downgraded properly. It's considered a softbrick if it won't boot normally and re-downgrading or updating by system update is required for it to work.
If you don't have any other entrypoints you should try taking out the SD card, then do browser/menuhax and downgrade again.
That's what I did and it worked for my N3DS after a partial downgrade.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you don't have any other entrypoints you should try taking out the SD card, then do browser/menuhax and downgrade again.
That's what I did and it worked for my N3DS after a partial downgrade.
Yup, that usually works. Reinstalling menuhax is needed since, after the downgrade, the menuhax version no longer matches your installed home menu. I had to do this earlier today, since rerunning sysupdater from browserhax just didn't want to work. it worked on the first try with menuhax, and after the "an error has occurred" in the middle of the downgrade menuhax didn't work. After browserhax failed on hax init 3 times in a row I reinstalled menuhax and it worked on the first try and completed the downgrade. It seems like it really does matter which entrypoint you use.

Reactions: Margarine67

Aize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I had black screen and I can enter to recovery mode by hold L+R+A+Up but I can't complete update my system. it stuck at ~95% (o3DS LL)

Reactions: Margarine67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all