Hacking How to trigger ghost of sparta exploit in 3.18 for TN-V10?

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the games are legitimate (as in, from your own PSN account and downloaded from PSN), you can just go ahead and transfer the license files over to your PC and then proceed with the rest of the instructions.

Mmm all right. I've tracked down the licenses. Done. Then, PKG = eboot, is that it? Or I need to do some sort of conversion?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Mmm all right. I've tracked down the licenses. Done. Then, PKG = eboot, is that it? Or I need to do some sort of conversion?
No, PKG files are like the game installers. You can grab the PKGs from Media Go as I mentioned, or download them straight from Sony's servers.

Reactions: dream3

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's not in there, u can sign in to the website I provided u a little while ago. in the media section will be ur games. download the xpd, open it with wordpad, and copy and paste the link. then, drop the package into the PSV Packages folder. then, ur done with that step.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much guys, think I'm all set now :wub::wub::wub:

While I'm here, why does my 3.18 vita appear as userXXX on qCMA instead of my psn username? I've checked in its settings and it is in fact linked with my PSN account (due to transferring from ps3). Is that normal?

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to know!
Still the backing up subject, with qCMA, what is the difference between backing up all my applications by going into Applications, selecting it all and backing up AND using the backup utility? Which one should I be using mostly?

Much appreciated for your help guys. This is the most active and engaged forum I've found regarding the vita.

ps. thread should be called "dream3's QnA ahha

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is that backup as mobile as the one for individual apps or is ti complete locked down?

On the other hand, when I install henkaku and adrenaline I think it's probably best to have that memory card saved completely right?

Cause I'm thinking keeping 2 folders, one for apps and another one for whole memory card is definitely taking a lot of space.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what u mean. the memory card backup is encrypted just like the apps r if that's what u mean. yeah, u do need a lot of space especially if backing up a 64GB card. u can change the default location, but that will include both apps and backups. u can do this in qcma's settings. :)

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I did it. Updated to 3.60 and installed henkaku. Was easier than I thought it would.

Any must have plugins/addons you'd recommend?

I know for sure I'm going for Adrenaline as you mentioned and also DaedalusX64.
Do I install them the same way?
And do I have to switch to taihenkaku or can I stay with normal henkaku for those to work?

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think you can get taihen anymore unless you already had it before they got merged.

https://github.com/NeoLTK/VITAPluginsManager/releases
https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/vita-savemgr/releases/
https://github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
https://github.com/OneRice07/GoHANmem/releases <- scroll for 2.0/latest, has overclock in it as well. Or if you don't plan to use cheats
https://github.com/frangarcj/oclockvita/releases

If your vitashell is 1.51 you may have to extract vpks before install.

Adrenaline should be the only complex thing you deal with.

YugiSenpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I think you guys are convincing me. Maybe I'll go for 3.60 and patiently wait.

Do I need to buy any game for exploits though? Like future-proofing? Cause I was forced into giving my ps3 to charity (long story) and I wouldn't like to pay 300 bucks later just to transfer games. I have a few days with it so that's why I ask.

Or with 3.60 there's no more of that at all? (For henkaku, Adrenaline or any possible other future custom hack I mean)
I'd love to hear how you were forced to donate it to charity, sounds very interesting.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GUYS, new question regarding Adrenaline. Do I always have to launch it via the PSP game? And what if I actually want to play that game, I lose access to adrenaline until I edit the config file again? Seems cumbersome.

I'd love to hear how you were forced to donate it to charity, sounds very interesting.

Nah not very much. I was just romanticizing. Made a deal with some people to get the vita :P

Last edited by dream3,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYS, new question regarding Adrenaline. Do I always have to launch it via the PSP game? And what if I actually want to play that game, I lose access to adrenaline until I edit the config file again? Seems cumbersome.

u can play the game if ur not using henkaku.

dream3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there should be a bubble for adrenaline...Once it's installed there seems to no be the need for the psp game anymore.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there should be a bubble for adrenaline...Once it's installed there seems to no be the need for the psp game anymore.

if u mean the changes by using the easy installer, those r made to the app meta and the app.db. the game should still work even with the adrenaline bubble since the eboot.pbp is the same with or without those changes. it's not touched at all.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Actually, now you don't need a PSP game installed anymore thanks to this nifty homebrew: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-bubble-installer-for-adrenaline-ark-no-ps3-psn.459931/

Just install the Bubble installer, follow the instructions, and then run the easy Adrenaline installer again to have it boot from the bubble created by that homebrew instead of your game.

EDIT: Also, there is a need for the PSP game, as that's how Adrenaline loads. It has to hook into the PSPEmu from a running PSP game or demo.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free