Hacking How to transfer wii saves to the virtual wii?

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
There's a transfer tool made by nintendo.(Wii U Transfer or something similiar it's name...)
On Wii you can download it from eshop for free.
On vWii it should be in the menu already.
This will cut everything from your Wii, make a backup with bootmii before the transfer and restore it after it's done if you want to keep everything on the source console.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that will work? I want to keep some saves while overriding others. I thought there was an app that could be used in this way, but I've forgotten the name of it. I also want to keep the saves on the wii to have a backup of them.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that will work? I want to keep some saves while overriding others. I thought there was an app that could be used in this way, but I've forgotten the name of it. I also want to keep the saves on the wii to have a backup of them.
Use the Wii homebrew browser and see what you can find. There is a save manager or two out there

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all of them work, but never try applications touching system files (IOS tools, setting tools, theming tool, etc.)
use the one written specifically for vWii !

Read the sticky thread "do and do not do on vWii", this is very important.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with save manager gx. it shows like eight saves on my wii when I have at least fifty. I don't know what's going on with the app.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save manager gx also errors whenever I try to extract a save. it asks me if I want to see the error log, I select yes, and then nothing appears, so I have no way of knowing what's causing the error.

I think I've got it. I had to use the hbc version instead of the normal version. all games listed, extracting is running fine as well. :)

I'm having a new problem. installing the save data results in - unable to setUID.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what do you call "normal version" ?
the normal one IS the hbc version.

You probably tried a "channel version" installed to system menu ? these kind of channels are usually not maintained and outdated.
You better use forwarders channel if you want a channel on your system menu, they are used to load the hbc version located on your SD card without loading HBC.

If it can't set UID, you'll have to play the game at least once on your vWii in order to restore the save.
If you have the disc, you don't really need to "play" it, just insert the game disc and wait until you see the animated banner in the Disc channel. then eject and insert another game disc, etc.
then you can restore saves.
You can't restore savegame from a game you never played.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Pikmins transfer Wii data to vWii for you, you just need a SD card with at least 500mb free or so.

You DON'T need download any tool, it's already installed on Wii U on System Settings, I believe even old firmwares had it by default.

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you call "normal version" ?
the normal one IS the hbc version.

You probably tried a "channel version" installed to system menu ? these kind of channels are usually not maintained and outdated.
You better use forwarders channel if you want a channel on your system menu, they are used to load the hbc version located on your SD card without loading HBC.

If it can't set UID, you'll have to play the game at least once on your vWii in order to restore the save.
If you have the disc, you don't really need to "play" it, just insert the game disc and wait until you see the animated banner in the Disc channel. then eject and insert another game disc, etc.
then you can restore saves.
You can't restore savegame from a game you never played.

unfortunately, that didn't work. I still get the UID error no matter what I do. do u have a link to a version that works with the wii u's virtual console? thanks.

oh, and by normal version I mean the hbc version rather than the other version boot.dol. it's on the official website: hbc version, version that doesn't mention hbc, and vWii version which doesn't work for me.

Last edited by godreborn,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, that didn't work. I still get the UID error no matter what I do. do u have a link to a version that works with the wii u's virtual console? thanks.

oh, and by normal version I mean the hbc version rather than the other version boot.dol. it's on the official website: hbc version, version that doesn't mention hbc, and vWii version which doesn't work for me.
He's talking about this pikmis

But I don't know if that will work for you.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah I understand now what you meant with "normal", but you probably used the old version (r127) which had a vWii version.

This is the latest release (even if marked as beta, it should work fine):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/savegame-manager-gx-beta/files/
the "normal" r69 is just the dol, but don't use that one unless you already have the meta.xml
use the full "hbc" pack (it contains the same dol, but has the additional icon and xml too)

you can follow development and report issues here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/savegame-manager-gx.210111/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah I understand now what you meant with "normal", but you probably used the old version (r127) which had a vWii version.

This is the latest release (even if marked as beta, it should work fine):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/savegame-manager-gx-beta/files/
the "normal" r69 is just the dol, but don't use that one unless you already have the meta.xml
use the full "hbc" pack (it contains the same dol, but has the additional icon and xml too)

you can follow development and report issues here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/savegame-manager-gx.210111/

that worked! many thanks/likes to u. I encountered no issues or errors with that version. :)

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended