Homebrew How to transfer Pokémon Firered save (or pokemons only?) on an Emulator to a legit cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jihad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi,

I'm kinda new pokemon player, and i tried pokemon redfire on an emulator, legit play, no cheats. I've ranked 70+ hours and leveled a lot of pokemons and so on.

I've read that i could transfer my pokemons up to Pokemon Black 2. (through emerald or ruby).. and eventually to pokemon X\y (through poke transfer bank service i guess).

The problem is my save file is on an emulator, and i could manage to get a DS (with GBA cartage) and Pokemon fire red cartridge. Can i make my emulator .sav file work on the cartridge as if i started playing originally on it?

I think i have two options.. (1) Run my emulator save data on a fire red legit cartridge and start the long pokemon transfer up to black 2 from it.

(2) Just (in a way or an other) start transfer pokemon from an emulator to a legit gen III game first then to bl2.

Note: i have a DS and DStwo flash cart and 3DS.

The verdict :P: How can i play on pokemon fire red cartridge with an -already started- fire red emulator save data as if i started my game on the cartridge from the first place.

Thanks! :(

Edit: Pokemon is a great game and i'd support it by buying the legit copy.. but it's not selling any more and the second hand market has some VERY ridiculous prices for it. And i didn't know that my friend has one then.

D

Deleted-236924

If you don't really care about getting your save file on a retail cartridge, you could save quite a bit of money by just getting a retail copy of any Gen. V game + a Slot-1 flashcard and transfer the Pokémon from the Gen. III save file to a Gen. IV save using DeSmuME, then using PokéGen to extract the Pokémon and Pokécheck to convert them to Gen. V format.

Then you'll be able to trade them to the retail copy of any Gen. V game and transfer them with the PokéBank when that comes out.

Jihad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If you don't really care about getting your save file on a retail cartridge, you could save quite a bit of money by just getting a retail copy of any Gen. V game + a Slot-1 flashcard and transfer the Pokémon from the Gen. III save file to a Gen. IV save using DeSmuME, then using PokéGen to extract the Pokémon and Pokécheck to convert them to Gen. V format.

Then you'll be able to trade them to the retail copy of any Gen. V game and transfer them with the PokéBank when that comes out.

Oh great. So i googled slot-1 flashcard, and no specific card showed up.. so i guess it's a general name for a certain type of flash cards? Does DStwo flashcard considered a slot-1 or its enough? or there's a card called slot-1? and if there's one if you could link it to me. Thanks!

BTW: Pokémon fire red is considered Gen. III? not 1? (since the first step you wrote is to move Gen III to Gen IV.)

D

Deleted-236924

DSTwo is best, but a certain R4i Gold (unsure which ones, it looks like there's 14324 of those) is just as good.
I assume you would be using a 3DS, in which case those two are your only choices.

Slot-1 is the slot where you put 3/DS games (it's written just under the slot.)

FR/LG are Gen. III remakes of the Gen. I games.

Jihad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
DSTwo is best, but a certain R4i Gold (unsure which ones, it looks like there's 14324 of those) is just as good.
I assume you would be using a 3DS, in which case those two are your only choices.

Slot-1 is the slot where you put 3/DS games (it's written just under the slot.)

FR/LG are Gen. III remakes of the Gen. I games.

Oh amazing, i'll be searching the exact steps.

One last question, i heard i needed to beat the elite 4 in the Games i'll be transferring, i can easily use any -other people save data- where they finished it to the point they can transfer pokemons? or there is some consequences for doing that? Because i don't plan on beating a whole couple pokemon games :( red fire, black2 then hopefully X.

Now -correct me if wrong- i just have to move them to a Gen IV game on an emulator.. Then use the two softwares to get them into a retail Pokémon Black 2 for example. and let them sleep there until the bank is up. And just hope that the bank doesn't flag them as hacked ones :(.

Thanks a lot by the way! I'd do a tutorial if every thing worked fine!

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks! Gread discussion.

i seem to post this thread at wrong section. sorry admins.
It's ok, I was going to merge the two threads, but I didn't want to confuse things for you. I'll close this now though and please use the other thread -here- for further discussion if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...