[How To] Transfer emuNAND to another SD card. Working on New3DS!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zaazu, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 0x40

0x40 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    Try 'select volume 5' then 'select partition 0' and then 'assign'

2. Gyrobax

Gyrobax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2016
    United States
    tried that too, and it gave the same message

3. 0x40

0x40 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2013
    That's really strange. Can you take another screenshot?
    Edit: If you list volume/partition again, are they both selected?

Last edited by 0x40, May 7, 2017
  4. yrkomm16

yrkomm16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Poland
    I just got an error when i tried to expand my new sd card in EasyUS Partition Master 12.0.

5. mezo210

mezo210 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States
    done this too many times is anyone willing to help used eas partition folloewed all steps get the eror many have tried with aoemi it fixes the issue and now the files are there but the sd is almost full whne its a 125g and the old file was 16g yes i moved the partition to the right and it delets averythign after appliying

6. 3Bies

3Bies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Tried that, apparently emunand is a unlocatable file in the sd card and thats why we need to use a image tool to copy every single thing on the card. That way we can transfer emunand to another card, the EasuUSPartition allows you to combine the partitions as the card will read the image as a partition.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also i need a little bit of help, whenever I try to merge the partitions it shows me an error, can someone help me with this or show me another partition merge program for fat32?

7. Angel08

Angel08 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    Canada
    Also, is the important information only for that type of CFW? I have arm9loaderhax and don't know if that info also goes for it

8. Nicro

Nicro Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    The Void
    Since I did not see anything for Linux users yet I just wanted to point out that this works just as well.

1. Make a bit-perfect copy of the old card using dd (or gdiskdump if you want a progress bar):
    sudo dd if=/dev/<device-ID of old sd-card> of=sdcard.img bs=1M

2. Copy the image to the new card:
    sudo dd if=sdcard.img of=/dev/<device-ID of new sd-card> bs=1M

3. Use gparted or something similar to adjust the end cylinders (partitions) like described above.

4. Enjoy

Be absolutely sure of your device IDs so that you don't break anything, you can look them up in gparted.

@Zaazu Feel free to put this in OP if you want. ^_^

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

A9LH is not exactly CFW itself but a bootloader as far as I know and should not be affected by the sd card at all, though since it has to boot into something I would check what that something is first.
    Generally speaking this method should preserve whatever setup you have on your card, not just Luma.

9. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    Caloocan
    will this work on o3ds to n3ds?